It’s been a couple months since we released Star Trek: Conquest on the Wii and PS2, so those of you who got the game already might be looking for a new challenge. As such, we’re presenting the Conquest “Beat the Devs” challenge.
During the testing process for Conquest, folks on the Conquest team challenged each other to see who could complete the various campaigns as quickly as possible with each playable race. The rules were simple: campaigns had to be play on “hard” against 5 opponents, using only simulated or instant battles, no cheating. Below are the best efforts from folks at the office to finish each campaign in the shortest amount of time.
Federation Campaign: 10 turns (Matt Ouzounian)
Klingon Campaign: 12 turns (Matt Ouzounian)
Romulan Campaign: 17 turns (Ryan Lea)
Breen Campaign: 15 turns (Jonathan Peake)
Cardassian Campaign: 11 turns (Matt Ouzounian)
Dominion Campaign: 9 turns (Justin McSweeney)
So do you think you can beat the devs? Here’s the rules to our contest:
- Take a screenshot of your best campaign efforts while playing on Hard mode (similar to the one above). To verify that it is a screenshot of yours, include a piece of paper with your email address somewhere in the picture.
- Send entries to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, email address, and your mailing address.
- All participants must be 13 or older to enter and verification may be required before the winner is announced. Any material sent shall be deemed non-proprietary.
- Any foul play detected will result in automatic disqualification.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (U.S. EST) on Sunday, February 24, 2008. Any entries submitted after this will not be considered.
Since there’s no way to verify from a screenshot that you used simulation only, the winners will be based on a random drawing. That means, if you’re not as good as our developers, you’re still eligible to win. If you are better than the devs…we’ll be impressed.
So what do the winners get? Well, our friends at CBS were nice enough to donate three “Landing Party” statues from Diamond Select. There’s one for Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. We’ll randomly select three winners on February 25 — each of whom will take home one of the three statues.