Today we released the G.E.C.K. (that’s Garden of Eden Creation Kit) for Fallout 3. As the official editor of Fallout 3, the G.E.C.K. will allow you to create your very own content for the PC version of Fallout 3.
To help you get started, members of the team have put together a wiki for the G.E.CK. Whether you’re new to modding or not, we highly recommend you check out our tutorials, entitled “My First Vault Tutorial Series.”
To go along with the tutorials, we’ve put some helpful videos together to help walk you through the process. Above is the first video on Layout — you’ll find the other eight after the break. Special thanks go out to Rashad Redic, Joel Burgess, Jeff Browne, Jesse Tucker, Phil Nelson and Daryl Brigner for putting these together.
- Layout Pt. 1 — Narrated by Daryl Brigner
- Layout Pt. 2 — Narrated by Daryl Brigner
- Hallway Navmesh — Narrated by Jeff Browne
- Clutter — Narrated by Jesse Tucker
- Clutter Navmesh — Narrated by Jeff Browne
- NPCs and Patrol — Narrated by Phil Nelson
- Traps — Narrated by Jesse Tucker
- Optimizing Pt. 1 — Narrated by Jeff Browne
- Optimizing Pt. 2 — Narrated by Jeff Browne
So enough talk, download the G.E.C.K., read the Wiki, and get started — we can’t wait to see what you guys create!