After being down for a day, QUAKE LIVE players missing their online fragging fix can return to action later today — as the game has officially exited beta! In addition to the ‘Standard’ free-to-play version, in a press release today, we’ve announced ‘Premium’ and ‘Pro’ subscriptions — adding new maps, game modes, and plenty more. Details below…
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
- Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
- An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode;
- Exclusive premium level awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans;
- Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper; and
- Match statistics stored for six months.
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for $3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you;
- With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map;
- Exclusive pro awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans; and
- Match statistics stored for 12 months.
The QUAKE LIVE ‘Standard’ version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with over 40 arenas and five game modes.
To create a QUAKE LIVE account and for more information please visit: http://www.quakelive.com.