QuakeCon is over, GamesCom is over, but PAX is still ahead of us. It’s a busy time of the year, so we’d better catch up on our reading now.
Construction specialists Todd Howard, Tim Willits, Jason West and Vince Zampella sat down to talk about Building Blockbusters at QuakeCon. As the panel was moderated by Adam Sessler, it’s only natural that G4TV has a full recording. And speaking of Todd, Eurogamer also grabbed him for a long interview at the show, covering numerous topics of interest. Read it here.
Another headline panel at the show was Richard Garriott and John Carmack’s Rocket Talk, covering their unique adventures and shared interest in space. Wired followed up on the panel by interviewing the pair, a meaty transcript worth checking out.
And before we get to the break, don’t forget to check out the new EGM — they’ve got a huge cover story on Fallout: New Vegas.
More quick hits from the ‘Con:
- The Dallas Observer’s photos from QuakeCon are worth more than a few thousand words
- Shacknews talks to Quake Live’s Steve Nix
- VG247 and Inside Gaming Plus interview id’s Todd Hollenshead
- Jalopnik recounts how a gamer lost a $50,000 car
- GameSpot checks out the BYOC
- 1UP’s coverage of the Building Blockbusters panel
- Kotaku covers John Carmack’s rocket, and Stephen Totilo plays DOOM for the first time
A few miscellaneous bits: