Step right up, internet ladies and gentle-gamers, and take a chance at winning a trip to the Fallout: New Vegas launch party by playing our Facebook game.
That’s right: we’ve fashioned a Facebook game that not only tests your New Vegas Skills — an important step that we all must take following face-gen — but also enters you in a massive sweepstakes. The prizes are pretty excellent, and too numerous to sum up shortly. Here’s the full list:
Grand prize (1 winner): A trip for 2 to Las Vegas for the Bethesda/Fallout New Vegas Launch Party on 10/16/10 at the Palms Hotel and Casino, entrance to the Kim Kardashian 30th birthday party at Tao Nightclub, round trip coach air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest to Las Vegas, NV, 2 nights hotel accommodations, a Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition, and $300 spending cash.
First prize (1 winner): A trip for 2 to Las Vegas, including round trip airfare for the First Prize winner and his/her guest to Las Vegas, NV, 2 nights hotel, and a Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition.
Second prizes (3 winners): An Xbox 360® Game Console, 1600 Microsoft Points and the Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition.
Third prizes (100 winners): A Fallout New Vegas t-shirt.
So what are you waiting for? Take the Skills test now. You’ll have to get your entry in by 11:59:59 PM ET on October 5th, and be a US resident, to be considered eligible for a prize. Click below to check out the full rules list.
Bethesda/Fallout: New Vegas Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: Bethesda/Fallout:New Vegas Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and is void in AK, HI and where prohibited by law. Promotion entrants must be at least 21 years old at the time of entry in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize or First Prize drawing. For the Second and Third prizes entrants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of Bethesda Softworks LLC, Obsidian Entertainment, Inc., Fireworx Promotions, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parent and affiliated companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrators’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Bethesda Softworks LLC, 1370 Piccard Drive, Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20850.
Administrators: Promotion Activators, Inc., 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053 and Fireworx Promotions, 6929 Louise Avenue, Van Nuys, CA 91406.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins at 1:00 PM ET on 9/30/10 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/31/10 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/5/10 to be included in the Grand Prize drawing which is drawn on 10/6/10. Entries for the remaining prizes will be accepted from the promotion start date until 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/31/10.The remaining prizes will be drawn on or about 11/3/10.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Promotion through the Bethesda Softworks application (“Application”) on the Facebook Platform. You may find the Application on the “Sweepstakes” tab on the Fallout fan page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fallout. Click “Play Now” and proceed with completing a quiz with 9 questions and multiple choice answers. Allow access to the results screen and from there you will be prompted to enter the Promotion. Follow the on-screen directions and provide the required information to be entered into the drawing. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be announced and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing.
5. Winner Selection: Administrators will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner on or about October 6, 2010 from amongst all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/5/10. First, Second and Third Prize winners will be randomly selected on or about 11/3/10 from amongst all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding. Each potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release (where permissible), and US tax form W-9, within 2 days of receipt of notification or the applicable prize will be forfeited. The potential First Prize winner will be notified by phone and must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release (where permissible), and US tax form W-9, within 7 days of receipt of notification or the applicable prize will be forfeited. If a prize is won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence, such prize will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner or a First Prize Winner fails to timely respond to Administrator’s notification with the requested information (if applicable), or is disqualified for any other reason, Administrators will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize winner and companion must be able to travel to Las Vegas, Nevada on October 15-17 to attend the Fallout: New Vegas launch party. If the Grand Prize winner cannot travel during those dates, the prize will be awarded to the next alternate. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. All other winners will be notified by mail. If any second or third prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately eight (8) to ten (10) weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for 2 to Las Vegas for the Bethesda/Fallout New Vegas Launch Party on 10/16/10 at the Palms Hotel and Casino, entrance to the Kim Kardashian 30th birthday party at Tao Nightclub, round trip coach air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest from the closest major US commercial airport near the Grand Prize winner’s home to Las Vegas, NV, 2 nights hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), a Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition, and $300 spending cash. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,900. ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: A trip for 2 to Las Vegas, including round trip coach air transportation for the First Prize winner and his/her guest from the closest major US commercial airport near the First Prize winner’s home to Las Vegas, NV, 2 nights hotel (based on double occupancy), and a Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition. ARV: $1,200. THREE (3) SECOND PRIZES: An Xbox 360® Game Console, 1600 Microsoft Points and the Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition. ARV: $400, each. ONE-HUNDRED (100) THIRD PRIZES: A Fallout New Vegas t-shirt. ARV: $7 each. Total ARV: $5,000. The ARV is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Terms Applicable to Trip Prizes: Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together and on the dates designated by Sponsor: October 15-17, 2010. Grand Prize and First Prize winners and guests must be 21 years of age or older. First Prize winner and guests must travel together and winner must book trip through Administrator by December 1, 2010 and complete trip by December 31, 2010. Winners and guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Air transportation will not be provided if winner resides within 100 miles of Las Vegas, NV. If winner resides within 100 miles of Las Vegas, NV Park, s/he will receive the use of a rental car (if eligible) in lieu of air travel (no cash difference will be awarded). All travel and accommodations may be subject to change, availability, restrictions, and black out dates. Sponsor will make all travel arrangements, including choice of airline accommodations. Meals, gratuities, baggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. The ARV of the prizes may vary based on point of departure and time of travel. The difference, if any, between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the trip will not be awarded.
Each prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes on prizes. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) Prize per person.
7. Release: By acceptance of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Administrators, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. Winners List: For the Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope with proper postage affixed to: Bethesda/Fallout: New Vegas Sweepstakes Winners List, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053. Winners List requests must be received no later than 12/31/10.
1. ABBREVIATED RULES for Facebook
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS U.S. AND D.C., 21 OR OLDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR GRAND PRIZE AND FIRST PRIZE, 18 AND OLDER FOR SECOND ANDTHIRD PRIZES). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion ends 10/31/10. Entries for the Grand Prize drawing must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/5/10. See Official Rules at www.facebook.com/fallout for details. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. Sponsor: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 10/31/10. Entries for the Grand Prize drawing must be received by 10/5/10.