We’re six days away from the release of Fallout: New Vegas, so here’s a look at some of the final previews, features, and interviews you’ll see before you have a chance to play the game for yourself.
At Gamespot, there’s a new feature revealing some of the new Perks for New Vegas — including comments from the team at Obsidian. Above, you’ll see the awesome image for the Cowboy Perk — not to be confused with the Commando Perk. Come on Bennett, let’s party!
Meanwhile, tomorrow at Best Buy’s video site, Live @ Best Buy, they’ll be doing a livestream of New Vegas from an LA Best Buy — where project director JE Sawyer will be playing the game and answering your questions. If you’d like to submit a questions, sign up for our forums and post here.
If Josh doesn’t answer your Q’s during the livestream, you can always ask them to Talking About Games, who will be chatting with Pete Hines on Friday. If you’d rather just read fan interviews TheGamersHub and Gamer’s Guide to Life already have community interview ups. And elsewhere, Planet Fallout’s Blinzler recently interviewed Sawyer. Here’s an excerpt…
What’s the expected playtime of New Vegas – with and without sidequests?
I generally only give my own experiences as a reference point since I don’t want people to be disappointed by a generic game length number. On my last playthrough I spent seventy hours doing the main quest and a large number (maybe thirty five) of the side quests. It’s a big game.
More New Vegas updates after the break…
Both Gamespot and Gamasutra report on lead writer John Gonzalez’s talk at GDC Online’s Game Narrative Summit last week. The talk also featured Q&A with senior designer Eric Fenstermaker and game designer Travis Stout.
For more previews an interviews, check out the following sites.
- PC Gamer has a new preview up from Will Porter
- G4TV talks about cities where the next Fallout game should take place
- Video interview with Josh Sawyer is up at Game Reactor
- CNN includes New Vegas in a feature on classic game series that are revived
- Debuting tomorrow, the AVault podcast with talk with Obsidian’s Chris Avellone
- Plenty of Eurogamer Expo hands-on previews can be found at the following sites: The Guardian, RipTen, WeDoTech, Xboxer360, Epsom Guardian, GamesBurp,
- New Zealand’s GameFreaks interview Larry Liberty
- Obsidian’s Tess Treadwell answers questions for Big Download
Finally, in case you missed it, Pete Hines walked GameTrailers through areas of Primm at PAX. Watch the segment below.