Welcome to another round of Around the Web… step right up and read the news!
But first, with RAGE’s new trailer unveiled, we thought we share some archived coverage for those of you catching up on the title. Above is a GameTrailers’ interview (featuring gameplay) from QuakeCon last year with creative director Tim Willits. For more of RAGE (and Tim), check out the videos embedded here.
Moving along, one of my favorite stories of the year so far is this one I spotted a week back on Kotaku. It’s about a Fallout fan named Gareth. Unlike most of us, Gareth can’t play games with his hands, but he’s put together a setup that allows him to play games using his chin. Watch a video of him playing New Vegas here… cool, inspiring stuff.
Check out more on New Vegas at these sites…
- British Academy of Film and Television Arts (that’s BAFTA) has announced their GAME British Academy Video Games Awards’ nominees with New Vegas receiving nominations for Best Strategy Game and Best Story
- Game Industry News has nominated the game for Best RPG
- GamePro includes New Vegas (and Oblivion) in a feature on the 10 Best RPGs you should be playing
Skyrim news (and more) after the break…
In Skyrim news, be sure to read the following…
- IGN looks at how BGS looks to outdo Oblivion
- CVG is asking if Skyrim is their 2011 GOTY
- Attack of the Fanboy shares their requests on what they’d like to see
- Gamespot includes Skyrim in their Most Anticipated Games of 2001 list (joining RAGE)
- RPG Land ranks TES V as their top RPG of 2011
In other news, Pete sent me this link to a feature by Scott Steinberg called Interactive Fiction: The Art of Video Game Storytelling. From the Bethesda side of things, the video includes Fallout 3 (starting at the 4:50 mark) and also includes words from Raphael Colantonio (President and Creative Director at Arkane).
In other news…
- GameSpy recently ranked their Top 25 PC Games of the 2000s with Morrowind making the list
- Oblivion (#6) and Fallout 3 (#5) made The Bottom Line’s Top 10 RPG list for the decade
- Brink’s creative director Richard Ham tackles a new interview with NowGamer
Taking a quick peek at print news, I had a chance to read OXM UK’s coverage on Skyrim this week. There’s plenty of great content in the issue, including an interview featuring game director Todd Howard, lead designer Bruce Nesmith, and lead artist Matt Carofano. In addition to the contents in the magazine, there’s also a tease for some Skryim coverage that will be hitting the interwebs soon — including a look back at the previous TES titles, a video interview, a podcast interview, and a special feature on design. Stay tuned for more details.
I also had a chance to check out the most recent issue of OXM here in the States. In BGS news, both the Pint-Sized Slasher and The Gray Cowl ranked in the Top 10 Disguises on Xbox 360. Learn other Halloween options by picking up a copy on newsstands now.
Thanks for reading. Until the next time…