Matt back with another update from around the web.
Up first, G4TV let us know today they’ve kicked off a new deathmatch to determine the greatest game franchise of all time. Both Elder Scrolls and Fallout are in the tournament and up against stiff competition. In the first round, the Elder Scrolls faces Street Fighter, while Fallout squares off with Civilization. To vote, head to G4TV.com and register. I recommend listening to “You’re The Best” from the Karate Kid soundtrack as you vote.
It’s been awhile since we updated you on Skyrim. For all of you looking for every bit of info between now and 11.11.11, you might find something of interest below…
- OXM UK brings their Skyrim coverage online with a preview, podcast interview with Pete, and an interview with Todd. And for those with Xbox LIVE in the UK, you can check out video interviews conducted with Todd Howard and Bruce Nesmith.
- Planet Elder Scrolls interviewed me to celebrate the site’s 10th anniversary (congrats!).
- G4TV and IGN show how far BGS have come with Skyrim in comparison to Oblivion.
- A nice user-made piano tribute to Skyrim’s theme.
- Rolling Stone leads off their feature on the biggest games of 2011 with Skyrim. Article also mentions RAGE.
- NowGamer and Game Rant discuss what’s been learend about the game so far.
- CVG discuss what they want to see in Skyrim.
Switching gears to Brink, be sure to check out The Video Game Writers, who have new features on Brink each day this week. So far they’ve talked with lead writer Ed Stern about how Brink takes notes from previous games, how Splash Damage is decreasing the learning curve and increasing the game’s fun, as well as conceptualization and replayability for Brink.
Speaking of Brink, if you’re wondering about the Ark image above, it was sent to our blog inbox from fan Tsenttachi,who created it in Minecraft. If you’ve made any Bethesda-themed creations in the game, feel free to email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That about does it for this round. See ya next time.