QuakeCon 2011:Presentations, Panels, and Exhibitors!!

3921685675_7cf0a73a8c.jpg

Ask and you shall receive. After getting numerous requests about dates and times for QuakeCon presentations, we’re pleased to reveal the full presentation and panel schedule!

QuakeCon 2011 kicks off on Thursday, August 4th with the Annual Keynote from John Carmack, id Software’s co-founder and technical director.

Here’s the schedule…

• Ryan Schneider, Insomniac

First-person Perspectives – Saturday, August 6th at 2:30 pm

• Mackey McCandlish, Respawn
  • Drew Murray, Insomniac
  • Tim Willits, id Software
  • Julien Roby, Arkane

In addition to the lineup of presentations and panels, attendees will also have the opportunity to check out various exhibitors on the show floor, including BAWLS Acquisition, Blaine Warren Advertising, Cooler Master, CPU Magazine, Dell Computer, Diamond Multimedia, FSP GROUP USA CORP, Glitch Gaming Apparel, Grow Up Japan Co., Ltd., Gunnar Optiks, Hi-Rez Studios, IN WIN Development, Intel Americas, Inc., Plantronics and Psyko Audio Labs, Inc.

QuakeCon 2011 will take place at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX. The event remains FREE to general admission and BYOC attendees thanks to the support of id and Bethesda Softworks, as well as the QuakeCon volunteer staff and the 2011 event sponsors and exhibitors. Doors to the QuakeCon BYOC will open on Thursday, August 4th at 9 am and will remain open through 12 pm on Sunday, August 7th.

QuakeCon Exhibit Hall Hours are:

• Thursday, August 4, 2011 10 am – 6 pm
  • Friday, August 5 2011 10 am – 6 pm
  • Saturday, August 6, 2011 10 am – 6 pm

To pre-register online for QuakeCon today go to: http://registration.quakecon.org/.

Reader Comments

1. I agree with Zaldir and Alex.I would also like to see some more third-person combat in Skyrim, as it would give me a better view on how the animations have improved.

2. Uh, I live halfway around the world. I’d love to come, but it’d cost me a bit more than I can spare right now.

Do live stream/record/capture it somehow. The majority of id/Beth fans will be unable to attend it, but none of us want to miss it.

3. Ah well, if the presentation is not being recorded lets just hope the in-game footage shown at the presentation is at least released afterwards so we can see what everyone was looking at. At the end of the day though, it’s the ones who take the effort to go to QuakeCon (and im sure there will be international attendees) are the ones who get to see the footage, the rest of us can wait next to the dinner table to see if any scraps fall off.

4. Aww. I’m not coming. I would LOVE to see the demo though. If only you could give me an exception since I am after all, Draco Wrath!

5. Hmmm… So, if its not going to be filmed at all, how will us dedicated fans who absolutely cannot make the presentation see it? Will stuff from the presentation be popping up in a future interview that will be filmed? Will there at least be a detailed article from you guys (or somewhere reputable) that you will be able to post? Or will you leave us hanging until the next bit of Skyrim is shown…?

6. Is this part of the crack PR campaign? Advertise something that very much appeals to the entire Elder Scroll fanbase, then say, “Oh, but 99% of you can’t see it.”

How very kind and generous…

7. I am AMAZED at the lack of outrage exhibited here, unless posts are being screened.

As one of hundreds of fans who have been following diligently on the forums I feel extremely cheated by the decision not to show the presentation online.

What percentage of fans will be at this show? What is the value of all of these exclusive presentations? E3 was galling, but not sharing at Quakecon is bordering on the insulting. If the majority of us cannot see what a tiny, tiny proportion of the extremely loyal fanbase can see, can we at least be told when we will?

8. Lol, I’m thinking of Changing the Dates I’m going to Friday and Saturday..

One Question though.. Will I still be able to pick up my Swag pack (Pre-Ordered) on Friday instead of Thursday??

9. I can understand why they wouldn’t show it. It’s irksome, but sure, it’s just a demo. More to be excited about when the game comes out. =]

10. Hey I’m curious if ya’ll are bringing spears and such back in Skyrim? I loved them in Morrowind yet Oblivion didn’t have them:(