The finalists for the 12th annual Game Developers Choice Awards were announced today — with Skyrim receiving nominations in five categories: Game of the Year, Best Game Design, Best Technology, Best Audio, and Best Visual Arts. Bethesda Game Studios previously was nominated for Best Game for Oblivion in 2006 and won Game of the Year Award for Fallout 3 (shown above) in 2009.
This year’s winners will be announced during the Game Developers Conference on Wednesday, March 7th.
In other award news, Skyrim has recently received the following accolades:
- Kotaku — Winner of the First Annual Kotaku Community Game of the Year Award!
- Joystiq — #1 Game of 2011
- 1Up – Favorite Game of 2011 (Editor’s Choice)
- Team Xbox — Game of the Year
- Giant Bomb — #1 Game of the Year
- GameTrailers — Best Soundtrack
- USA Today Game Hunters — #1 Game of the Year
- Yahoo! — Best Role-Playing Game
- Gaming Union – Best Developer
- Electric Playground — Best Role-Playing Game
- Split Screen — Game of the Year