Ready to TESt your knowledge again? The community team at ZeniMax Online Studios has put together a new contest giving you a chance to win great ZeniMax Online and ESO prizing (as modeled by PvP designer Brian Wheeler) .
Calling all Tamriel historians and loremasters! Starting today, we’re kicking off the Sun’s Height Lore Contest. This contest runs through the end of Sun’s Height (July 31st) on the official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter account, and will put your knowledge of The Elder Scrolls lore to the test. Be one of the first 100 people to correctly answer each question for a chance to win a prize pack of awesome The Elder Scrolls Online and ZeniMax Online Studios loot.
Read on to learn how you can enter, and get ready to show off your Tamriel lore expertise!
Dates and Times
The Sun’s Height Lore Contest begins on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 and ends on Tuesday, July 31, 2012. At varying times throughout the contest period, we will present six lore trivia questions.
To be eligible to enter the Sun’s Height Lore Contest, you must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and be a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia), excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) be a member of countries within the European Union. Verification may be required before a winner is announced.
How to Enter
One hour before we reveal each lore trivia question, we’ll give everyone a heads up on Facebook and Twitter. We will post all Sun’s Height Lore Contest questions on the official Elder Scrolls Online Twitter. You are not required to “Like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to participate in the Sun’s Height Lore Contest, but we do encourage it—doing so will ensure you don’t miss out on current updates and alerts about the contest.
To enter, you must submit your answer via Twitter by replying to @TESOnline and using the hashtag “#ESO”.
The first 100 people to correctly answer the question will be entered in a drawing to score some sweet The Elder Scrolls Online and ZeniMax Online Studios swag (detailed below). We will let everyone know when we have the first 100 entries for each question, and a winner. All winners are required to sign and return a contest affidavit to claim their prizes. We’ll provide a full winners list by August 14, 2012.
Please see the official Sun’s Height Lore Contest Rules below for more details, including full eligibility info.
Winner and Prize Info
We will randomly select a total of six (6) winners from the first 100 people to provide the correct answer to each question. You may submit an answer for each question (six times total, if you provide an answer for all six questions), but we ask that you please enter only once per question.
Each winner will receive a prize package, worth approximately $100.00 USD total. Each prize pack includes the following items:
One (1) The Elder Scrolls Online t-shirt (estimated value of $25.00 USD)
One (1) ZeniMax Online Studios baseball cap (estimated value of $25.00 USD)
One (1) The Elder Scrolls Online poster, signed by members of The Elder Scrolls Online development team* (estimated value of $50.00 USD)
*Signatures on the poster displayed in this image will not be identical to those on the posters we send out as prizes.
Official Contest Rules
Six (6) Prize Packs (described below) will be given away to one of the first 100 individuals who correctly answer, through Twitter, one of six (6) questions pertaining to The Elder Scrolls Online lore (“Promotion”). Users have a chance of winning by:
Tweet to Enter: You must be a registered user of Twitter® (www.twitter.com) to participate in the Promotion via Twitter. If you are not a registered user of Twitter, simply visit https://twitter.com/signup to register, which is free. Qualified participants must include the specified hashtag #ESO in their reply. If you make or receive tweets on your mobile phone, standard text messaging rates will apply. In order to participate in the Promotion without receiving tweets on your mobile phone, be sure to deactivate your mobile phone from your Twitter account. LIMIT: ONE (1) TWITTER ENTRY PER PERSON OR TWITTER ACCOUNT, PER QUESTION, PER DAY. Twitter entries from the same person and/or Twitter account in excess of the number stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to use multiple Twitter accounts may result in disqualification at the discretion of Bethesda Softworks. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by that entrant.
The first one hundred (100) individuals who tweet the correct answer to a The Elder Scrolls lore question posted @TESOnline twitter address with hashtag #ESO will be entered in a random lottery to win a Prize Pack. All eligible submissions must tweet the correct response to any one of six posted questions, and be one of the first hundred (100) tweets to correctly respond.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on July 31, 2012 (“Cutoff Date”). Any entries submitted after the Cutoff Date will not be considered. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Any foul play detected will result in automatic disqualification.
- Only one entry per person or account at Twitter per day, per question. Invalid or ineligible entries, including incorrect responses, shall be excluded from consideration.
- Employees of Bethesda Softworks, and ZeniMax Media, Inc., ZeniMax Online Studios LLC, and its affiliates (“Bethesda”), Bethesda employees’ household and/or their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. You have not yet won. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- All eligible submissions must be posted on Twitter and contain the correct answer and #ESO hashtag to be valid. Bethesda, in its sole discretion, shall be the sole determiner of a correct response and an eligible submission. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. By their submission of entry, participants warrant that they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted.
- Bethesda, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting.
- The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. EST (4:01 AM GMT) on Monday, July 23, 2012. All submissions must be received by midnight (U.S. Eastern Time), Tuesday, July 31, 2012 (4:00 AM GMT on Wednesday, August 1, 2012) (“Deadline”).
- The winners will be chosen in random drawings of eligible entrants.
- All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia) and excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) the member countries of the European Union), to enter and verification may be required before a winner is announced. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant agrees that s/he may be contacted by Bethesda by telephone, mail, or e-mail and, if chosen as a winner, Bethesda may post his/her name, his/her twitter account name, and country on our website.
- We will contact the winners by email or through Twitter. The winners must supply us with a name and mailing address. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond, we may randomly draw an alternate winner.
- Prizes: During the course of the Promotion, for each posted question, one (1) participant will be selected by random drawing from all eligible submissions. A total of six (6) winners will each receive a prize pack (“Prize Pack”) including: One (1) The Elder Scrolls Online t-shirt, One (1) The Elder Scrolls Online poster and One (1) ZeniMax Online Studios baseball cap. Approximate Retail Value: $100.00 USD. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, national, state, provincial, and/or local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Bethesda reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion.
- To claim prize, winner must, within three (3) days of notice of award, complete, execute and return any additional documents required by Bethesda. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Promotion Rules or the participant declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
- Bethesda reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Participants agree that by participating they release the Bethesda, its parent, and its affiliates from any liability in connection with the Promotion and any prizing.
- By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless ZeniMax Media Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Promotion prize, and/or participation in a Promotion prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
- Should any condition in this Promotion prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
- For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope by August 31, 2012 to Bethesda at the following address: 200 International Circle 2nd Floor Hunt Valley, MD 21030. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: 200 International Circle 2nd Floor Hunt Valley, MD 21030. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
- © 2012 Bethesda Softworks LLC. The Elder Scrolls, The Elder Scrolls Online and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
ALL DECISIONS BY BETHESDA ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.