We’re thrilled to announce that Dishonored has “Gone Gold”! After more than three years of development, 30+ versions of the game (accounting for different languages, countries, and platforms) are ready for release. Huge congrats to Arkane’s Lyon and Austin offices, as well as everyone else involved with the project.
Coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, Dishonored will be available in North America on October 9, 2012, in Australia and Spain on October 11, 2012, and throughout Europe on October 12, 2012.
And to celebrate, we’re going to give away an extremely limited Overseer mask (note: not actually made of gold) created specifically for our PAX Prime Boyle Mansion Party, as well as a signed copy of the game. For a chance to win, read the sweepstakes rules after the break.
Official Promotion Rules
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Dishonored is Golden” in the subject line. The email submission must include your name, valid mailing address, and email address. Along with your contact information, share with us your original story detailing why you’re excited to play Dishonored. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. By their submission of entry, participants warrant that all information is original and accurate, and they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on Thursday, October 4, 2012 (“Cutoff Date”). Any entries submitted after the Cutoff Date will not be considered. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Any foul play detected will result in automatic disqualification.
- Only one entry, per person, for the duration of the Promotion. Invalid or ineligible entries, including responses deemed by Bethesda in its sole discretion to be work infringing on intellectual property of third parties, shall be excluded from consideration.
- Employees of Bethesda Softworks, and ZeniMax Media, Inc., ZeniMax Online Studios LLC, and its affiliates (collectively, “Bethesda”), Bethesda employees’ household and/or their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. You have not yet won. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- All eligible submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the participant’s name, valid mailing address, email address, and an original anecdote on why you’re excited to play Dishonored to be valid. The anecdote cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means. Bethesda shall be the sole determiner of an original response and an eligible submission. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. By their submission of entry, participants warrant that they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted.
- Bethesda, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting.
- The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. EST (4:01 AM GMT) on Friday, September 28, 2012. All submissions must be received by midnight (U.S. Eastern Time), Thursday, October 4, 2012 (4:00 AM GMT on Friday, October 5, 2012) (“Deadline”).
- All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia) and excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter, and verification may be required before a winner is announced. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant agrees that s/he may be contacted by Bethesda by telephone, mail, or e-mail and, if chosen as a winner, Bethesda may post his/her name, his/her submitted entry, country, and additional personal information, such as a photo, on our website.
- We will contact the winners by email. The winners must supply us with a name and mailing address. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond, we may draw an alternate winner at our sole discretion.
- Prizes: Following the conclusion of the Promotion period, Bethesda in its sole discretion will select one (1) participant to receive a paper mache limited Overseer masks, modeled after the Overseer in Dishonored™. Approximate Retail Value: $100.00 USD. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, national, state, provincial, and/or local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Bethesda reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion.
- To claim prize, winner must, within three (3) days of notice of award, complete, execute and return any additional documents required by Bethesda. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Promotion Rules or the participant declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected at Bethesda’s sole discretion.
- Bethesda reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees (defined below) from any liability in connection with the Promotion and any prizing.
- By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless ZeniMax Media Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Promotion prize, and/or participation in a Promotion prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
- Should any condition in this Promotion prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
- For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope by October 31, 2012 to Bethesda at the following address: c/o Dishonored “Gone Gold”, ZeniMax Media, Inc. 1370 Piccard, Drive, Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20850. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Bethesda Softworks, Dishonored “Gone Gold” at the following address: 1370 Piccard, Drive, Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20850. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
- © 2012 Bethesda Softworks LLC. Dishonored™ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
ALL DECISIONS BY BETHESDA ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE PROMOTION.