We’ve already seen some amazing displays of Dishonored skill on YouTube. Now we want to see what you can really do — and we’re putting up a cool prize.
Starting today, we’re looking for the most creative power combos, the craziest kill moves and the sneakiest feats of stealth on YouTube. To enter the contest, simply upload a direct capture Dishonored video clip to YouTube — under 60 seconds and at 720p quality — by 11:59pm EST on October 31.
There are two ways to submit your entry:
1. Email us a link to your video at “[email protected]” with subject line “Dishonored Killer Moves”
2. Tweet a link to your video with hashtag “#DishonoredKillerMoves”
If we like your clip, we’ll request your high-quality raw video file from you, so hold on to that. We’ll then include your footage in a compilation video and credit you appropriately, while the player with the most impressive clip will win a framed Dishonored painting (pictured here). Preference will be given to clips with music disabled, and direct capture is a must.
For all of the details and rules, click through. Good luck!
Official Promotion Rules
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Dishonored Killer Moves” and a link to your video on YouTube. Alternatively, post your YouTube link on Twitter with the hashtag “#DishonoredKillerMoves”. To be considered as a winner, you must be willing to upload your raw direct capture video file to Bethesda’s servers following contact from Bethesda. Final direct capture video submissions must be under 60 seconds in length and captured at 720p quality in avi, mp4, mov or Windows Media formats. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. By their submission of entry, participants warrant that all information is original and accurate, and they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 (“Cutoff Date”). Any entries submitted after the Cutoff Date will not be considered. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Any foul play detected will result in automatic disqualification.
- Invalid or ineligible entries, including any footage not from Dishonored, and/or any footage deemed by Bethesda in its sole discretion to be work including and/or infringing on intellectual property of third parties, shall be excluded from consideration. Additionally, any youtube video submission that has enabled revenue-generating advertisements will be automatically disqualified.
- Employees of Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax Media, Inc., and its affiliates (collectively, “Bethesda”), Bethesda employees’ household and/or their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. You have not yet won. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- All eligible submissions must be sent to [email protected] and include the participant’s name, email address, and a link to the video entry on YouTube. The video must be direct capture, under 60 seconds in length and should be taken with the music disabled. Bethesda shall be the sole determiner of an eligible submission. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. By their submission of entry, participants warrant that they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted.
- Bethesda, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting.
- The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. EST (4:01 AM GMT) on Friday, October 19, 2012. All submissions must be received by midnight (U.S. Eastern Time), Wednesday, October 31, 2012 (5:00 AM GMT on Thursday, November 1, 2012) (“Deadline”).
- All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia) and excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter, and verification may be required before a winner is announced. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant agrees that s/he may be contacted by Bethesda by telephone, mail, or e-mail and, if chosen as a winner, Bethesda may post his/her name, his/her submitted entry, country, and additional personal information, such as a photo, on our website.
- We will contact the winners by email. The winners must supply us with a name, mailing address and raw video footage. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond, we may draw an alternate winner at our sole discretion.
- Prizes: Following the conclusion of the Promotion period, Bethesda in its sole discretion will select one (1) participant to receive a recreation of a framed painting from Dishonored™. Approximate Retail Value: $250.00 USD. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, national, state, provincial, and/or local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Bethesda reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion.
- To claim prize, winner must, within three (3) days of notice of award, complete, execute and return any additional documents required by Bethesda. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Promotion Rules or the participant declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected at Bethesda’s sole discretion.
- Bethesda reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees (defined below) from any liability in connection with the Promotion and any prizing.
- By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless ZeniMax Media Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Promotion prize, and/or participation in a Promotion prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
- Should any condition in this Promotion prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
- For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope by October 31, 2012 to Bethesda at the following address: c/o Dishonored “Killer Moves” ZeniMax Media, Inc. 1370 Piccard, Drive, Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20850. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Bethesda Softworks, Dishonored “Killer Moves” at the following address: 1370 Piccard, Drive, Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20850. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
- © 2012 Bethesda Softworks LLC. Dishonored™ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
ALL DECISIONS BY BETHESDA ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE PROMOTION.