Definitely start with GameFront’s 1-On-1 feature with Dishonored’s Lead Designer, Ricardo Bare. The article examines his career — going full circle from Deus Ex to Dishonored. Here’s a quick tease from the article:
“A twelve-year gaming industry veteran, he made his bones as a junior designer on the original Deus Ex, a game he acknowledges is the spiritual predecessor to Dishonored. An impressive achievement in universe-building and gameplay, Dishonored is built around his view that interactivity, more than story, is key to making a great game. But Bare also writes fiction, with several published short stories and his debut novel due for release in spring, 2013.”
Elsewhere, check out these links:
- In the embed above, Polygon’s Chris Plante and Russ Frushtick discuss really important aspects of Dishonored.</sarcasm>
- Did you watch the Dishonored backstory videos? Learn how they were made in a recent feature up at Motionographer.com.
- The Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy catches up with Raph and Harvey.
- Flesh Eating Zipper shares why they feel Dishonored is “The Most Original Game of the Year”.
- AusGamers scores Dishonored a 9.6/10 calling it, “One of this generation’s best efforts”.
- Kotaku’s Mark Serrels discusses perfecting gameplay in his feature, “Performance and the Art of Restraint“
- Gamasutra examines why people are compelled to play Dishonored.