Dragonborn is our favorite Skyrim add-on to date, and with reviews making their way online, it appears the gaming press shares that sentiment. In Eurogamer’s review from Dan Whitehead, he likens the content to a full-on expansion that was just what he needed to come back to Skyrim. Here’s an excerpt:
“This isn’t DLC. This is an expansion, like in the good old days. It’s an entirely new area, a blank map waiting to be filled in as you roam, packed with new quests, miscellaneous tasks, dungeons, barrows, ruins and crypts. It’s an absolute beast, with a main storyline that lasts a good few hours and enough supporting content to keep you playing for weeks more.”
Early reviews include:
- Attack of the Fanboy (Loved It) – Dragonborn is the best Skyrim Expansion to date because it gets back to the roots of what made Skyrim fun in the first place.
- Xbox 360 Achievements (9/10) – “… Bethesda have created here is exactly what Skyrim fans would have been crying out for… and that’s an experience that captures the brilliance of the main game but in a much more bitesize manner.”
- Videogamer.com (8/10) — “After completing the main quest in 11-12 hours, I still have a lot of side quests to complete, a majority of the map lies undiscovered and I haven’t even begun gathering all the new loot.”
- Kotaku – “Worth playing, worth exploring, worth leaping into like you’re starting Skyrim all over again.”
- While OXM UK and CVG haven’t completed their reviews, they’re already sharing live impressions from their experience.
For those that are playing the content already, we hope you’re having a blast in Solstheim. And as noted in Monday’s blog post, we’re hard at work to make this content available early next year on PS3 and PC. On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn’t want folks to wait longer. Once it’s ready to go for everyone, we’ll continue our previous work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3. Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC. Once we have a better idea of release timing and pricing, we’ll let you know.
And we also have some more stuff planned for everyone next year as well. We do everything we can to return the support you have given us, whether it’s The Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, game updates, or DLC. Thanks for your continued support and for sharing your adventures with us!