Kicking things off on Monday, creative director Jens Matthies walks Gametrailers through an area with Daniel Kaysar. Watch the video above.
Read what other people are saying in our preview roundup below:
- Jared Newman over at Time’s Techland talks about his impressions of the game. “I already have fond memories of sprinting down a narrow hallway, shotgunning mechanized Nazis without even breaking stride.”
- GameInformer- “Machine Games’ next chapter in the Wolfenstein series continues to impress.”
- The Escapist- “Being completely outmatched never seemed so fun.”
- Just Push Start – “The demo that they showed is really action packed, especially with the weapons that you get to use.”
- Cinemablend- “The next scene we see, however, IS exactly what you’d expect from a Wolfenstein game, complete with big, explosive guns, lots of enemies to put bullets into, cover, shredding environments and even some platforming. Oh, and, yeah, there’s some wonderfully cheesy one-liners along the way, just in case you start taking the shooting portion of the game too seriously.”
- Pocket-Lint- “It’s madness, carnage, malaise even.”
- The Sixth Axis- “ It genuinely feels good to play, the weapons are fun to use, and it has the potential to to tell an interesting in a nicely character driven way.”
- Softpedia- “Overall, the experience is very enjoyable and even while I died repeatedly at the hands of robots and Nazis, I itched for a chance to try the same battle again and finally defeat them.”
Elsewhere at Destructoid, Wolfenstein (along with ESO) is nominated for Destructoid’s Community Choice Award. Head on over and vote!