To learn more about what people are saying about Shinji Mikami’s terrifying new entry in the world of survival horror, read our preview roundup below.
- The Guardian — “The Evil Within is perfectly paced, oscillating between nail-biting chase scenes and giant horrific spectacle, such as when Castellanos wanders outside the hospital to find that its grounds suhave become an island cut adrift from the rest of the world.”
- The Escapist — “Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil, however, hopes to reclaim his place at the top of the survival horror food chain by ‘taking survival horror back to its original roots.’ What these roots are, exactly, wasn’t made clear, but from what we saw in the The Evil Within demo, he’s off to a good start.”
- Just Push Start — “Based on what was shown, The Evil Within conveys the survival horror that we’ve all been waiting for.”
- Xbox360 Achievements — “And large multi-limbed spider-like humanoids jump out of a corpse… yeah, it looks like it’s going to get a little weird and wild, and where better to end the demo than at that point.”
- USA Today — “This is where the hands-off demo gets incredibly intense. A giant, masked man — splotches of blood covering his body — wielding a chainsaw starts chasing Sebastian through sections of the asylum.”
- Destructoid – “Looks promising as heck, at any rate, and that art style is simply distressing. Love that.”
- EGM — “From what I’ve seen of it so far, I’m definitely excited for The Evil Within…”
- Leviathyn — “Well, being that it’s E3 and that we’re being treated to a deluge of games and interviews, we’ve finally had a look at and learned more details about The Evil Within. And yes, you should be excited.”
- BeefJack — “Everything about The Evil Within made me feel like I was back in the cold, zombified arms of Resident Evil 1 or 2 – a great feeling in my book. “
Meanwhile Pete Hines shared the game with Revision3 , IGN, and PlayStation Blog. Watch all three embeds after the break.