One of the defining principles of Skyrim is that it allows you to be who you want and do whatever you want. That ideal takes on new meaning following today’s that a Skyrim mash-up is coming soon to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
Developed by our friends at 4J Studios, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-themed texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack. On top of these features, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow. Check out the screenshots above for a first look.
As fans of Minecraft, we’re very excited to be working with Mojang, Microsoft, 4J, and Notch to make this happen. If you happen to be at Minecon this weekend in Orlando, you can try the Skyrim mash-up at the show. For more information, read the content breakdown and FAQ after the break.
Skyrim Mash-up — Conent Breakdown
- Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
- 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
- Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
- Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
- Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
What is a Minecraft Mash-up Pack?
It’s a paid downloadable package for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition that replaces the default textures of the game with a different set to match the theme or IP of reference. It also provides Skins for the main characters, re-flavored UI look and an awesome soundtrack from that IP.
Are there any other Mash-up packs already released?
Yes. The Mass Effect Mash-up pack was released on 4th September 2013:
Is there a Trial available for Mash-up packs? If so, what do they include?
There is and it includes everything so that players can see everything before they buy. However players won’t be able to save the creations they make with the trial version with unless they purchase the pack before they exit. They can also only look and not play with the skins that are part of the pack.
Do Mash-ups affect gameplay?
No, gameplay stays 100% Minecraft, the rest is up to the player’s imagination.
What’s the price point of Mash-ups?