Time flies. It’s been a month since Tamriel opened its doors for early access players, and the support from our the community has been amazing. In a new “Road Ahead” letter from Game Director Matt Firor, learn about the exciting future for ESO — including all the new features, balance tweaks, and bug fixes – plus news on what we’re doing to thank everyone for their support!
Every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EST Thursday May 1st (today) and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time, will receive an additional five days of included game time. If you’re eligible to receive the five additional days, a confirmation will be sent to your account’s registered email address. For further details, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com. This is a small gesture to show our thanks for being part of the ESO community while we work to make this extraordinary game and service even better.
Highlighting Matt’s post is the changelog for ESO Update 1. Current changes in Update 1 include:
- Craglorn, the first Adventure Zone, specifically created for groups of Veteran Rank 1 and above characters
- Trials, which are 12-player “raid”-type instances for Veteran Rank characters, featuring completion time leaderboards
- Death recap: you can now see who killed you and what ability they were using. This is invaluable information in dungeons, PvP, and Craglorn
- Underdog bonuses in Cyrodiil—you’ll get more Alliance Points and XP while fighting for an alliance with a lower population in your campaign
- Animation tweaks and polish
- Combat ability balance changes and fixes
- Class ability tweaks and updates
- Content bug fixes, especially edge cases where quests could become de-synced
- And much, much more—check out the final patch notes when they are posted in the forums.
Learn what else is on the horizon in Matt’s post here. For more on ESO, check out what’s worth reading below.
- On Reddit today at 3 PM EST, join Matt Firor and other members of the development team as they answer questions on the game — including your questions for the game’s first Adventure Zone, Craglorn!
- The ESO team wants to see your character build! Learn about “The Shadow Knight”, created by Kraive Moar, here.
- The latest Tamriel Chronicle features several inspiring contributions from deviantART.