The game of choice? DOOM! Watch how they battle elevation sickness (and each other) as they climb a 4500 ft.
Moving from CO to TX, BattleCry Studios ventured to QuakeCon 2014 for the game’s first-ever free-play matches and competitive tournament. In addition numerous attendees playing the game, some members of the gaming press also got their first stab at post-Black Powder Treaty combat. Get new impressions at MMOBomb.com, PCGamesN, and Shacknews.
And while players played BATTLECRY, members of the team talked about it. Design Director Lucas Davis answered a number of questions for MMORPG.com. Here’s an excerpt…
MMORPG: How does advancement work? Is it skill-based, weapon-based, or both?
LD: As your warrior progresses through levels, you’re able to unlock your skill tree, which is used to build customized loadouts with. The skill tree will allow you to power up your weapons, but whatever you want your weapon to look like, that’s what it will look like.
So what else is happening? We’ll ask you below.
- Ever wonderwhat Dishonored would look like in 4K?
- What would Shinji Mikami do if he found himself inside a survival horror game? Find out at 3NewsNZ.
- Can you name which one of our games ranked in Video Game Writers’ 10 Best Games of 2014 (So Far)?
- Looking for more reactions from the QuakeCon DOOM reveal? Head to Platform Nation.
- What does The Sixth Axis think you’ll need a spare pair of when playing The Evil Within? Well, you can probably guess.
- What elements of DOOM I & II should be in id Software’s newest effort? AusGamers answers the question.
That’s all for now. Look for more coverage of QuakeCon 2014 — including photos from the show — later in the week.