Updated October 2
On the heels of our Gone Gold announcement, we’ve put the final touches on the recommended PC requirements for The Evil Within. These specifications are listed as “recommended” as they are the settings we’ve determined ensure that your gameplay experience plays as intended by the development team.
Recommended PC System Specifications
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
i7 with four plus cores
- 4 GBs RAM
- 50 GB of hard drive space*
- GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
- High Speed Internet Connection
Steam account and activation
*It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space.
- OS: windows 7/8.1
- GPU: GTX 460 or an equivalent 1 GB VRAM card
- CPU: i7 or an equivalent 4+ core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- HDD: 50 GB
Speaking of space (and by your request), here are the install sizes for the console versions of the game.
- Xbox One — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 4 — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 3 — 7 GB HDD Space
- Xbox 360 — 7 GB
- Note: The Evil Within requires a mandatory install to the Xbox 360’s HDD or a USB 2.0 (or higher) flash drive.