What would the Wolfenstein trenches be without some memorabilia to remind you of your service? We’re pleased to announce the Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition. Limited to only 5,000 units, this collection arrives in a vintage footlocker-style trunk (measuring approximately 20″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″). Each trunk has an individually stamped number plate above the antiqued clasp. Inside, you’ll find the following items:
- An 8 inch, fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base.
- A classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, secret documents, blueprints and an x-ray for the game’s hero, B.J. Blazkowicz.
- A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book.
- Three embroidered patches and a replica dog tag.
- An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game. **Actual game sold separately. Pre-order the game now from your favorite videogame retailer and get access to the DOOM beta.
This cool collection of game-related items perfectly complements your Wolfenstein experience . Now available for pre-sale for $100.00 at store.bethsoft.com, and shipping May 20th to your door!
We’re pleased to announce that Wolfenstein: The New Order will now be launching simultaneously in North America, Europe and Australia on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC!
Currently under development at MachineGames, Wolfenstein: The New Order, the first-person action-adventure shooter, reignites the franchise widely recognized for pioneering the first-person shooter genre. Set in the 1960s, the monstrous Nazi regime has used mysterious advanced technology to win World War II. They now rule the globe with an iron fist. Wolfenstein: The New Order sends you across Europe on a harrowing mission to bring down the Nazi war machine.
As an added bonus, everyone pre-ordering the game will be invited to access the DOOM beta with their copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. For more information on the DOOM beta access pre-order bonus, as well as applicable terms and restrictions, please visit: www.wolfenstein.com/doom.
For more information on the game visit www.wolfenstein.com.
Following our new Wolfenstein videos from yesterday, here’s a few more things to help you get ready for the game’s May release.
Today on the Official Bethesda Store, Wolfenstein has it’s very own limited-edition lithograph. Shown above, “Assault on Deathshead’s Fortress” displays amazing concept art from the opening chapter of Wolfenstein: The New Order. In addition to this new print, we also have a new ESO print, “The Arrival“, and a Skyrim-inspired giclee by artist Jeff Love titled “The Dragon at World’s End“.
In other Wolfenstein be sure to read Gamespot’s new feature, “The Old-School Beginnings of Wolfenstein: The Order. In addition to the article written by Daniel Hindes, check out Gamespot’s accomodating video below…
- A recent Kill Screen preview from David Wolinsky delves into the action-heavy preview section we recently let gaming press play. Get his reactions — complete with a Commando-esque kill counter.
- A new Games.On.Net hones in on highlights from a recent playthrough.
- GamesReactor (Sweden) and PCPowerPlay (Australia) have new magazines on newsstands. Check them out below.
Have a great weekend!
With our newly-released Wolfenstein gameplay video
, the Bethesda Underground team is happy to share our newest “Know Your Devs” profile. This time around, we highlight one of MachineGames’ leads that helped make the game’s train sequence happen — narrative designer Tommy Tordsson Björk.
Watch the video above and let us know what you think. For more Bethesda Underground videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Visit Reddit now to ask your questions, and don’t forget to watch the final ESO Developer Question of the Week – starring Matt Firor.
[UPDATE]: Didn’t get a chance to check out the AMA last week? Find a breakdown of all the questions here!
Today on our official Bethesda YouTube channel
we’ve released an extended scene from Wolfenstein: The Order. Praised by press for its unique storytelling, the early-chapter sequence centers around B.J. Blazkowicz having an unexpected run in with one of Wolfenstein’s most cunning villains, Frau Engel.
As we move closer to Wolfenstein’s release date (May 20th for North America & May 23rd for Europe), be on the lookout for new gameplay footage.
We’re pleased to announce that QuakeCon 2014 online pre-registration for the BYOC Select-a-Seat + Swag Pack Presented by Logitech® G package is set to open for attendees tonight at 7pm CT/8pm ET at: registration.quakecon.org. The BYOC Select-a-Seat + Swag Pack Presented by Logitech® G package includes:
BYOC Select-a-Seat + Swag Pack Presented by Logitech® G
Full of Limited Edition Items and Guaranteed Reserved Seating
$150 (Limit of 500 packages available)
- Select and Reserve a guaranteed seat of your choice in the BYOC area
- Official QuakeCon 2014 T-Shirt
- Official QuakeCon 2014 BYOC T-Shirt
- Official QuakeCon 2014 Lanyard
- TWO Special Limited Edition T-Shirts
- Poster and Exclusive Drawstring Backpack for The Evil WithinTM
- QuakeCon 2014 Branded Logitech G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- The Elder Scrolls® Online Branded Mousepad
- 1-year ‘Pro’ Subscription to QUAKE LIVE®
QuakeCon, the ultimate video game festival, will take place on-site at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX on Thursday, July 17 – Sunday, July 20. Doors to QuakeCon will open on Thursday, July 17th at 10:00am CT and will remain open through July 20th. For more information visit: www.quakecon.org.
As we begin the final beta weekend for The Elder Scrolls Online, ZeniMax Online Studios’ president, Matt Firor, has shared an update about the game’s launch and what’s planned down the road for the game.
In just a few short weeks, we’ll be launching The Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Mac. While it’s been quite a journey to get to this point, ESO’s launch on April 4 is really just the beginning. I want to take a moment to let everyone know what we’ve been doing since my last update and talk about what we’re planning in preparation for launch and beyond.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably one of the 5 million people that have registered for the ESO beta, and likely participated in one of our large beta tests. That’s a wonderfully large number of people who have become part of our ESO community, and it continues to grow. The worldwide interest in ESO has led us to conduct a series of massive “scale” or “stress” betas to prepare for the numbers of players we will have at launch. These tests help us to simulate launch conditions and uncover bugs and other issues. In addition to these scale tests, we’ve had large numbers of players in long-term gameplay testing. Our long-term testing has allowed us to delve more deeply into things like balance, progression, quests, PvP, and high-level 50+, and 50++ content. While we know uncovering bugs can be a frustrating experience for you, every issue that is found and fixed pre-launch helps make the final gameplay experience that much more polished and smoother for everyone. Thank you to all who have participated in these beta tests—your help has been invaluable. Our final PC/Mac scale test will take place this weekend and we hope you’ll join us again.
Continue reading full article ›
Now’s your chance to pre-order a set of beautifully detailed books for your collection. Learn more at ElderScrollsOnline.com and order at store.bethsoft.com.
Our latest roundup of Bethesda merchandise features awesome goodies for DOOM, ESO, and Fallout.
We start with GamingHeads.com new statue memorializing the iconic cover art of the original DOOM – Knee Deep in the Dead, the statue is approximately 12.5 inches tall (including the base), is cast in high quality poly-stone, and is hand-painted to exacting standards.
Knee Deep in the Dead will be available in the third quarter of this year and is already available for pre-order at GamingHeads.com and the Official Bethesda Store. For the uber collector, GamingHeads.com also features an Exclusive Edition limited to 360 pieces featuring a light up base — it’s literally a lava lamp.
Looking for something a little less demonic? Here’s some other new items worth checking out.
- You wanna one-oh-onsie? No I’m not impersonating Return of the Jedi’s Bib Fortuna. I’m just excited that my baby girl will be able to wear our new Vault 101 onesie.
- Oh, you’re a grown man that wants Fallout stuff. We’ve got you covered, too. New items include our Vault-Tec Citizen Jacket and a Fallout 3 screenprint by nationally-recognized illustrator Courtney Billadeau.
- Yesterday we announced Dark Horse’s “The Art of Wolfenstein” collectible book, and we’re excited to share that a special edition of the book — individually numbered and signed by the team at MachineGames — is available for pre-order the Bethesda Store. With only Only 500 produced, the Exclusive Edition contains a tip-in plate, signed and numbered by MachineGames’ Axel Torvenius (Senior Concept Designer) and Tor Frick (Technical Art Director).
Last but not least, we’re excited to unveil March’s Vault Boy Tee of the Month. For one week only, get your hands on the Mister Sandman Perk shirt. And if you’re lucky, you might even win one for yourself (see contest rules after the break).
Continue reading full article ›