The Skyrim mash-up now has a release date — Wednesday, November 20th! The content will be available worldwide for $3.99/€3.79/£2.69.
Announced earlier this month at Minecon, watch the new trailer for the Skyrim mash-up coming soon to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
If you missed it, here’s the content breakdown for the pack:
- Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
- 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
- Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
- Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
- Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
Recently BGS character artist Dennis Mejilones and his wife Elizabeth welcomed their first child, Adriana Dahlia. To help celebrate the occasion, world artist Josh Jay, whose been known to make some pretty amazing helmets in the past, decided to create a helmet for Adriana.
In the slideshow below, check out various images of the production process, and read our short interview with Jay after the break.
Continue reading full article ›
Thumbing through PC Gamer, I read about PC Gamer contributor Andy Kelly’s video series “Other Places.” The video series focuses on the visual eye candy of various game worlds. Among the world’s already featured are Dishonored’s Dunwall and various areas from Skyrim. Definitely worth checking out both videos which are embedded in this post.
Elsewhere on the web, we recommend checking out these links.
- Metro UK talks about The Evil Within and getting the right balance when implementing action into a survival-horror game.
- Both The Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein: The New Order are included in Gameranx look at the Best PC Games of 2014.
- Watch Gamespot’s newest episode of Skyrim Mods.
- In time for Halloween last week, GameFront took a look back at DOOM in two parts. In part 1, they reflect on the game’s impact after 20 years, while part 2 highlights 23 memorable mods made by the community.
- On the subject of DOOM, we spotted perhaps the finest game-related tattoo of all time on Tumblr user Saguzar’s page. For more proof that is awesome 20 years later, check out the tat below.
Got a story for us to share on “Around the web”? Email us at [email protected] or ping our @bethblog Twitter account with #Aroundtheweb.
The latest round of answered questions for ESO are up at elderscrollsonline.com. Head here to learn about character creation and much more.
How many hairstyles does the character creator have for each race? What hair and eye colors are currently available? – Jeff Glover
There are currently 24 hairstyle choices per gender in the character creation system. Some of these choices are shared between races, but each race has some unique hairstyle options. Hair color and eye color are also specific to each race and align with established lore. For example, Wood Elves have an option for black eyes that is not available to any other race.
Praise November! The newest Vault Boy Tee of the Month, Livegiver, is now available for purchase. Available in both men’s and women’ s sizes at, you’ll want to pick this one up this week before it returns to the vault.
Gain addition HP and street credit by ordering at store.bethsoft.com.
One of the defining principles of Skyrim is that it allows you to be who you want and do whatever you want. That ideal takes on new meaning following today’s that a Skyrim mash-up is coming soon to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
Developed by our friends at 4J Studios, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-themed texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack. On top of these features, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow. Check out the screenshots above for a first look.
As fans of Minecraft, we’re very excited to be working with Mojang, Microsoft, 4J, and Notch to make this happen. If you happen to be at Minecon this weekend in Orlando, you can try the Skyrim mash-up at the show. For more information, read the content breakdown and FAQ after the break.
Continue reading full article ›
Bethesda Underground recently visited Tango Gameworks
, developers of next year’s survival-horror game, The Evil Within. To celebrate the holiday, we put together a short video from their studio.
Look for more Bethesda Underground videos for The Evil Within in 2014.
In time for Halloween week, get a sneak peek at werewolves in the latest ‘Creating ESO’ feature at elderscrollsonline.com.
With two days until Halloween, we put together some haunting links to check out as you finalize your costume and ready your candy bag.
Starting at Gamespot, there’s a special edition of Skyrim Mods featuring these spooktacular mods:
The scares don’t end with Skyrim. Recently, The Evil Within was featured in Yahoo’s 10 terrifying new horror games list, as well as Technology Tell’s own top 5 horror list.
Related, here’s a final reminder for Wikia’s ‘Thinking Outside of the Boxman’ Halloween Sweepstakes. By sharing your Evil Within-themed fan art or costume, you’ll have a chance to win an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card and a Shinji Mikami-signed poster. To participate, share your submission in the comments section here through 10/31 (read full sweepstakes rules).
Already entered, check out Chinduism’s spot-on Boxman costume below.
Much better than my effort.
Five years ago today, Fallout 3 released in North America. To celebrate the occasion, share your favorite #Fallout3Memories with our official Twitter account for Bethesda Game Studios – @BGS_Devs.
Related, Eurogamer recently put up a new feature highlighting the game as one of the best games of this generation. Elsewhere, GamesTM ranked the game #1 in their list of 50 Defining Games of This Console Generation, and Todd Howard commented on the honor here.