Update: Hearthfire is now available PS3 to users in North America and European territories.
The English version of Hearthfire will be available for download on PSN later today in North America and will be available in English language European territories tomorrow. Like Dragonborn last week, it will be available for 50% off for one week.
Looking ahead to next week, we’re set to release the English version of Dawnguard for 50% off next week. Additionally we’ll be releasing Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard to French, Italian, German, and Spanish territories on Wednesday, February 27th. In preparation for release, we are releasing the 1.8 title update for these territories later today.
Spotted on imgur.com, here’s our favorite Elder Scrolls Valentine for 2013!
Whether you’ve got a hot date with the one you love or spending the night alone playing games, Dishonored wants to be your Valentine. And if you’re looking the perfect card, this Dishonored collection comes by way of QA Tester Marisa Lyon.
Wanna see more Bethesda-themed Valentines? Check out our Facebook and Tumblr pages for Dishonored, as well as The Elder Council.
The latest web update for ESO includes an introduction to High King Emeric, leader of the Daggerfall Covenant. Read on for the story of his upbringing, the breaking of the Siege of Wayrest, and his ascension to the throne, told in his own words. Below is a short excerpt:
King Ranser, alas, was wroth that I had not accepted the hand of his daughter, and he withdrew his ambassador from the court of Wayrest. Although Ranser was invited to my wedding to Maraya in the spring of 566, like the other kings of the Covenant, he stayed, seething, in Shornhelm.
What of the Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact? In case you missed it, read tales of their respective leaders, Ayrenn and Jorunn the Skald-King.
We’re pleased to announce that the English version of Dragonborn is now available to PS3 users in North America and European territories. It can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store for 50% off ($9.99/£6.49) this week. We’re still awaiting release dates for France, Germany, Spain and Italy. A release date for those territories will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Have a great time in Solstheim.
Updated: Wait is over! If you visit PSN and search “Skyrim” you’ll be able to find Dragonborn!
As you wait for the North American PlayStation Store update, here’s some fun links to check out from around the web.
In a recent fan poll at Gametrailers, Skyrim and Fallout 3 were named the #1 and #2 fan favorite RPGs of this generation. See the full list here, and let us know how it stacks up with your top five.
- Pixar animator Austin Madison recaps this year’s NFL season with some hilarious drawings that tie-in pop culture. We all got a kick out of the Vikings-Rams imagery posted above.
- AnimBowz popular Dovahbear video has inspired an in-game Skyrim mod.
- Kotaku shares a Skyrim performance by the legendary creator of Chocolate Rain.
- The popular Christopher Walkenthrough Machinima series explores the Super Skyrim Bros. mod.
- PC Gamer previews Enderal: The Shards of Order — a total conversion mod from the makers of Nehrim.
And in quick Dishonored news, the 2012 BAFTA Award nominees were announced earlier today and we’re pleased to share news that Dishonored received three nominations: Best Game Design, Best Story, and Best Game. Read the full nominee list at Guardian UK. Congrats to the team at Arkane Studios!
And now back to the countdown…
In preparation for tomorrow’s North American release of Dragonborn on PlayStation Store, the English 1.8 title update (listed as 1.08 in the US and 2.08 in Europe) has been deployed.
Insert your Skyrim game disc to begin downloading the update. Release notes below:
Skyrim Update 1.8
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
Today we’ve announced our 2013 food truck tour for The Elder Scrolls Online!
Similar to our Skyrim tour in 2011, we’re once again working with Future US (the folks behind PC Gamer, GamesRadar.com, and Official Xbox Magazine), to bring Elder Scrolls eats to popular gaming events and universities across the country – including PAX, E3, San Diego Comic-Con, and fine universities like UCLA and UMASS.
The tour all starts on March 10th, when the truck will make an appearance at Austin’s SXSW 2013 festival and feature special guest Malukah — renown for her amazing Skyrim performances.
If you can’t make it to Austin, check out the other truck stops below…
- SXSW 2013 – Austin, Texas (March 10)
- PAX East – Boston, Massachusetts (March 22)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst – Amherst, Massachusetts (March 29)
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan (April 12)
- University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado (April 26)
- University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona (May 3)
- E3 2013 – Los Angeles, California (June 12)
- Comic-Con International – San Diego, California (July 18)
- PAX Prime – Seattle, Washington (August 31)
- University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California (September 20)
- University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California (October 4)
Later today on Steam we will be releasing the official tool kit for RAGE – the same tools used to create RAGE and it’s DLC, The Scorchers. From the game’s world building tool, idStudio, to game maps and assets, the kit provides everything you need to get started with modding the first-ever idTech 5 title.
Interested? Before you start downloading the hefty 35+ GB file, the RAGE team has provided some documents to read. As described in the welcome document, these tools provided are complex and aimed towards “technically sophisticated and adventurous” modders.
Welcome to the RAGE Tool Kit
RAGE Tool Kit FAQ and EULA
To download the kit itself, be on the lookout for the RAGE Tool Kit in the Tools section of Steam (the same place you’d download Skyrim’s Creation Kit).
On behalf of everyone at id, we look forward to seeing your creations. If you have something to share, shoot us an email or share it with our id Software Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Thanks to our awesome forum moderators at forums.bethsoft.com, I recently came upon the deviantART page of lelek1980 that showcases some spectacular fan art for the series.
Above is lelek’s tribute to Morrowind’s city Balmora, but you’ll want to view the image in its full-res glory to see all the details (Strider alert!).