Additionally, it’s not too late to purchase the Dragonborn Preview figure at a discounted price of $11.99.
Update (3/18): Beginning today, Steam users can download the Skyrim 1.9 title update – featuring Legendary new features (see below) and new bug fixes. For console players out there, we’re hoping to release 1.9 later this month — we’ll keep you updated when we have specific dates.
So what’s in the update? Check the changelog below…
- Legendary difficulty setting
- Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
Bug fixes after the break…
Watch this video of the Skyrim theme being performed a capella by Johannes Johansson and Petra Lidén — all the way from Sweden. Nice work!
Update: Dawnguard is now available on the North American and Europe PlayStation Stores. Download here.
Vampire Lord or Vampire Hunter? North American PlayStation 3 players will make the ultimate choice, Dawnguard is now available on PSN. And like our PS3 releases for Dragonborn and Hearthfire, the content will be 50% off ($9.99) for the first week of release.
Other important PlayStation Store updates to note this week:
- Also arriving today, French versions of Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard will be released for Canada, as well as Spanish versions in Latin American markets.
- Tomorrow afternoon, the French, Italian, German, and Spanish markets will get the three remaining add-ons in their respective languages, as well as English.
For the 18th straight year, QuakeCon will host North America’s largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party, with thousands of fans connecting their systems to play on a world-class network!
Taking place August 1-4, the event once again returns to The Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX. You can make reservations at the hotel by calling 1-800-Hiltons or 1-800-445-8667 or by going online to the hotel’s reservation page. Special room rate of $159 per night when you reference QuakeCon 2013!
- The Creation Kit group on Steam has a new mod interview with Frostfall and the Skyrim Survivor Series’ author, Chesko.
- Gamespot returns to sharing their favorite five Skyrim mods of the week. Watch the video above and then download the mods via the Skyrim Workshop.
- Destructoid shows off one of the most impressive LEGO creations ever — a DOOM Cacodemon.
- deviantART user Embley shares a ghoulishly fantastic piece of Fallout fan art.
- A Shield of Whiterun coffee table? Yes please!
- Machinima shares their favorite 20 helmet mods for Skryim.
- Following her interview here on the blog, geologist Jane Robb guest writes on Skyrim’s geology at Gamespot.
- Dishonored’s Dunwall won the award for Best World at the 2nd Annual Videogame Critics Circle Awards. Watch the acceptance speech from Ricardo Bare and Seth Shain on YouTube.
- Joystiq shares how one Reddit user created a Rune inspired by Dishonored.
- With the GDC Awards right around the corner, help Dishonored win this year’s Audience Award. Deadline to vote is March 1st!
- COPS: Skyrim Season 2 debuts on February 25th. Watcha gonna do?
- GamesRadar shares their 50 favorite community screenshots for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
- Watch the Symphonic Power Metal version of Skyrim’s main theme. Rock!
Finally, like many of you, everyone at Bethesda was eager to learn about the PlayStation 4 this week. Following the announcement, our own Pete Hines caught up with Geoff Keighley to discuss excitement. Watch the interview below.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Just before the weekend, the ESO Community Team posted the latest answers in their continuing “Ask Us Anything” series. Here’s but one of the questions they tackle:
The Blades have been a central part of the character’s main storyline in Elder Scrolls games. To what extent, if any, will The Blades be involved in ESO? – By Christian McAllen
At the time of ESO, remnants of the Akaviri Dragonguard who protected the Emperors are still around, but they have not yet re-formed into the secretive Blades of later eras.
Head here for the remaining answers, and be sure to check out more highlights on the official site:
- The latest Developer Question of the Week (shown above), courtesy of Customer Support Trainer AJ LaSaracina, involves the game’s nine playable races. Watch it here.
- The ESO Dev Team sends thanks (and many more thanks) to all the fans that helped Facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline reach 1 Million Fans. Thanks a million!
- Check out new concept art for Heavy Armor from the game.
What better way to say, “Sorry I missed Valentine’s Day” than a copy of Skyrim. At $34.99, this weekend’s Groupon sale is cheaper than flowers and a box of chocolate.
This offer will only last until the end of the weekend, so be sure to check out the link below to secure your copy.