Ask and you shall receive. Today we’ve released the full MP3 download of ‘The Drunken Whaler’ – the catchy (and slightly creepy) track heard over our Dishonored E3 trailer. To learn about the track’s genesis, a collaboration between COPILOT Strategic Music + Sound and our team , visit copilotmusic.com/dishonored.
In addition, we’ve just launched the official Remix Competition for ‘The Drunken Whaler’. Download the stems and submit your own remix by September 28th for a chance to win a copy of the game! For official rules and more details, visit remix.dishonored.com.
Download ‘The Drunken Whaler’ (right click to download)
Heading to this year’s Eurogamer Expo and anxious to see more on Dishonored. This is the blog post you’ve been looking for!
Arkane’s Christophe Carrier (lead level designer and audio director) and Dinga Bakaba (assistant producer and game designer) will introduce Dishonored at length on Friday, September 28th (5 PM), and against midday on Saturday, September 29th.
In addition to the presentations, Dishonored will be playable on the Eurogamer Expo show floor through out the event, running September 27th-30th at London’s Earls Court.
For more details, visit eurogamer.net/expo.
Still lost in Skyrim? Beginning today, Prima’s Revised & Expanded Skyrim Game Guide will be available on sale in-stores on September 20th in North America. The massive guide is filled with content across 864 pages (over 200 pages bigger than the original guide), and it now features everything you’d need to know about Dawnguard and Hearthfire — including quests, updated indexes, and new maps.
Kudos to David Hodgson, Steve Stratton, and Bethesda Game Studios’ Steve Cornett for their hard work putting the guide together.
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Skyrim
- Best RPG – Skyrim
- Top Gaming Moment – Skyrim, Throat of the World
- Best use of DLC – Dawnguard and the Creation Kit
- One to Watch – The Elder Scrolls Online
- Best Shooter – RAGE
Head over to the official page to cast your votes.
If you’ve already played the iPhone version of Dishonored: Rat Assassin, you know there’s plenty happening on the small screen. If you’re looking to break your all-time high scores, you might want to give the newly-released iPad edition a shot. And if you’re like me, you’re not going to want to look at your current iPhone today once the new one is announced.
You can also visit www.ratassassin.com to learn more about the game and see which countries are leading in plagued vermin assassination with our rat assassin heat map.
Dishonored: Rat Assassin iPad Edition – Download for Free
Dishonored: Rat Assassin iPhone Edition – Download for Free
We’ve just released the second video in our developer documentary series for Dishonored. In ‘Immersion’, the team at Arkane Studios discuss the creative process that went into building the world and characters of Dunwall – from the city setting and it’s strange technologies to the all-star cast voicing its citizens.
Missed part 1? Catch it here.
To start, Revision3 named Dishonored their PAX Prime Game of Show. Watch their new interview with Raf Colantonio above.
- Kotaku – reveals why they love Stealth games like Dishonored.
- 1Up – “…if Dishonored doesn’t end up being one of the best games of the year, I’ll be absolutely shocked.”
- The New York Times – “The most intriguing original fiction of the next four months.”
- Kotaku – Mark Serrels plays Dishonored, possesses a fish, and shares, “In Dishonored there are seemingly endless matrices of choice, multiple different ways to approach multiple different problems. Room to breathe, room to think, space to engage meaningfully with an environment.”
- PC Powerplay – “Not only does Dishonored look set to be Arkane’s best title yet, but if Looking Glass were around today, it is undoubtedly the kind of game they would be making”.
- CVG – Calls Dishonored “the most amazing new IP of the year.”
- IGN – Executive Producer Julien Roby discusses why now is a good time to release a new IP like Dishonored.
- VG247 – New interview with Raf Colantonio
Finally, take a photo tour of Arkane’s offices in a new feature at Business Insider.