Been a couple weeks since our last ‘Around the Web’ roundup… so there’s plenty to share.
RAGE is in the news in several places.. From our UK office, I received word that Gamesmaster (UK) named it their 2010 E3 Game of Show. And today, Gamasutra’s Chris Remo has interview with design director Matt Hooper. Here’s a sample of the interview… discussing the game’s animation.
Speaking of traditional art, I was actually surprised when I saw the game how much really expressive hand-keyed animation there was, as opposed to the more sterile mo-cap kind of stuff. That’s unusual for id as well.
MH: The credit goes to our group of animators, a really talented group. As we were iterating through and trying different things, we kept pushing diversity. We want each of the characters to look unique. The different characters look so wild and out there that it almost demands that over-the-top animation treatment. We really pick and choose the opportunities. Some are a little more — I don’t want to say cartoony, but they’re a little more expressive.
For more on RAGE, check out links at the following sites…
- GamesRadar updates their coverage for the game — courtesy of Will Porter.
- GamePro’s September issue features an exclusive screenshot breakdown in their monthly “SnapShot” feature.
- Examiner.com‘s Bryan Edge-Salois goes in-depth sharing impressions of the E3 Presentation given by Tim Willits and Matt Hooper.
- PS3 Insider (and sister site Xboxist) reports on their first impressions seeing the game.
- DealSPWN posts their E3 preview of the game.
- GameReactor has a video interview with id Sofware’s Matt Hooper.
More after the break…