For more online coverage on Skyrim modding, hit the jump below…
Here’s a look at some notable links from around the web…
- A trip to the Skyrim Reddit page revealed an amazing Skyrim tribute to Star Wars. See the full-res image here
- Both GameFront and UGO share their favorite Skyrim Workshop mods.
- GameRevolution shares photos from Reddit user Freezing0verHell’s trip to the Mojave
Wasteland. Check here to see some of the real world locations that made it into New Vegas.
- Read Game Informer’s DICE interview with Todd Howard.
- NVIDIA shares details on their new drivers that bring a significant performance boost to Skyrim.
A few news items to share from around the web.
A group of teenagers in Washington state are participating in a 60-hour Fallout 3 marathon this weekend in an effort to raise money for Child’s Play. Their goal is to reach $2,000, and to help out, we’ve sent them some cool Fallout 3 prizes — including (2) limited Fallout 3 bobbleheads signed by Todd Howard. Visit the Fallout 3 Marathon site for more information.
Across the pond, nominees for the 2012 BAFTA Video Game Awards have been announced. Skyrim has received nominations in categories for Best Game, Artistic Achievement, Design, Original Music, and Story. Additionally, as announced last week, you can vote for Skyrim in the Game Award of 2011 Category.
And finally… just when you thought you’d see everything, here comes Fus Ro Dog!
We start with a video found on Geekologie of a happy couple’s first dance to Malukah’s cover of “The Dragonborn Comes.” We wish the couple all the best in their marriage and if they reach out to us, we’ll send them a wedding gift.
Another video to catch is YouTube creator Tyrannicon’s video, The Great Battle of Skyrim
Elsewhere, check out these links…
- PC Gamer shares their favorite mods from the first 24 hours of the Skyrim Workshop.
- Win a custom Skyrim PC from iBuyPower in a new Skyrim Nexus modding competition.
- See Part II of GoBroPros’ Skyrim 2012 series.
- Watch MatthewPegoli’s video, Skyrim Theme Rock Remix.
- Visit UGO’s Facebook Page to vote for your favorite THU’UM
- Check out Gamespot’s favorite PC mods.
- I recently had the opportunity attend the Inaugural New York Videogame Critics Circle Awards where Skyrim won Best Game.
- Find out which popular country/folk/rock singer tweets about Skyrim.
- Cosplay enthusiast Jessica Nigri goes Dragonborn
That’s all for now. If you see something online that belongs here on the blog, drop us a line.
On last night’s episode of Conan, longtime sidekick Andy Richter shared a segment about his magnificent voice work for Skyrim. Too bad he wasn’t a member of the cast… apparently it increases your shot at landing an Oscar nomination.
Elsewhere, today’s front page of The Wall Street Journal includes a feature about players taking the peaceful/pacifist route when playing Skyrim. The article includes quotes from Todd Howard and Felix the Peaceful Monk creator, Daniel Mullins.
Elsewhere on the web, check out these Skyrim-related goodies…
- What’s better than a life action Fus Ro Doh video? Purrhaps it’s ignoramusky’s cat video.
- Visit PC Gamer to see read about their Top 25 Skyrim mods, as well as their look at the game’s prettiest locations.
- Visit Geek Art Gallery to see Stormbringer’s impressive LEGO tribute.
- The March issue of PC Gamer features 12 “How To” tips for playing Skyrim
- Watch ThunderHumor’s SkyrimSchyrim video cartoon. Favorite part has to be Dovahkiin’s humming at the 1:18 mark.
- Trigonometry be damned! See how one fan brought Skyrim to his TI-84 graphing calculator.
- Visit Kotaku to see how Bill Doran recreated Mehrunes’ Razor using PVC.
- UGO posts their favorite Skyrim videos, covers the game’s character races, looks back at the history of Elder Scrolls games, and shares what they’d like to see in Skyrim DLC.
- Learn the official shout of Springfield.
- No roundup is complete without a My Little Pony mod.
Last but not least, visit Game of the Year Picks Blog to check out an updated list of the GOTY awards Skyrim has received. By their count, the game has won 190 GOTY awards — making it the third Bethesda Game Studios title to be named their “Big Winner”.
- Game Informer named Skyrim their Editor and Reader pick for Game of the Year!
- Our own Nick Breckon started a Twitter account (@SkyrimMom) featuring notable quotables from his mother as she plays through the game.
- Game Informer does their best Highlights magazine impression by placing famous videogame items and icons within Alduin’s Wall. See if you can find them all.
- The Consumer Electronics Show is currently going in Vegas. See how Skyrim was shown on a tablet at NVIDIA’s booth!
- Skyrim songstress Malukah shares her latest Skyrim cover, The Age of Aggression.
- See how deviantART user ~oddeh created a Monopoly-inspired Skyrim game board.
- UGO continues their Skyrim covering marriages the many diseases you can contract.
- Craving some Skyrim Sweetrolls? Watch this video from YouTube creator SashasBiscuits
- The (new and improved) Escapist shares some of their favorite mods available now on Skyrim Nexus.
- Check out some great hand-crafted Skyrim snowflakes.
Here’s one last roundup before the holidays.
- Check out holiday-inspired Skyrim mods at GameSpy
- As proven by a new feature at UGO, throwing in-game items down the side of a mountain never gets old.
- To help celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, modder Handski has created a Link-inspired Skyrim mod. See it at Kotaku
- Todd Howard talks with Morgan and Adam from X-Play. Watch the interview at G4TV.com.
- IGN has named Skyrim their Game of the Year and RPG of the Year on PC and Xbox 360. Elsewhere, the game has received top honors from USA Today, 1Up, Destructoid (Readers’ Choice), The New York Daily News, Game Revolution, Gamespot, Wired, Planet Xbox 360, UGO, RipTen, Ars Technica, 411 Mania, and GamingBolt.
The picture above features members of Bethesda meeting with X-Play after learning Skyrim won their 2011 Game of the Year Award. Congrats to Todd Howard and his team on this award! In addition to X-Play, Skyrim has recently received GOTY honors from Machinima (watch the video), Jeux Video (who awarded RAGE Best Shooter), Gaming Bolt, Planet Xbox 360, The Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy, MMGN, Kotaku AU and Official Xbox Magazine.
In other news, check out these stories…
- Xbox 360 Achievements has a mega Bethesda swag pack featuring Elder Scrolls, RAGE, and Fallout swag.
- French site Jeux Video has ranked Skyrim the #1 RPG of all-time – with Fallout 3 (#40), Daggerfall (#23), Oblivion (#11), Morrowind (#4) and Arkane’s Arx Fatalis #6.
- G4TV shares a hilarious Thundercats-inspired mod
- Todd Howard briefly discusses DLC plans with Joystiq
- Popular GTA IV modder Hayssam Keilany gives a first look at his killer mod project for Skyrim
- IGN and Destructoid announce their year-end award nominees
- TIME and Slant include Skyrim in their Top 10 games of the year
- You can vote for Todd Howard as Industry Gamers’ person of the year. Vote here
- At The Escapist, listen to Miracle of Sound’s Sovngarde Song
- Arnold is back in a new Skyrim mod shown at GameSpy
Annnd my personal favorite story of the week: how one fan made a Skyrim mask out of bacon.
It doesn’t get any better than that!
A little late to the party, but we’d be remiss to call out the fantastic Dragonborn Comes/Main Theme cover by YouTube user malufenix. It’s been mesmerizing folks at our office for weeks now.
Other highlights from around the web…
- Machinima presented their Inside Gaming Awards last night — with Skyrim winning Game of the Year, the Gamers’ Choice Award, and the Realm award (Best RPG). Meanwhile, Fallout: New Vegas’ third DLC, Old World Blues, won Best DLC!
- Check out NVIDIA’s helpful PC Tweak Guide to get the most out of the game
- IGN asks the question, “Should there be a Skyrim movie?”
- Famous Japanese magazine Famitsu awards Skyrim a perfect 40/40 score!
- Watch YouTube user greQ111′s dragon fight art come to life in a time-lapse video
- Whoa! German site ElHabib reviews Skyrim giving it an 11/10!
- UGO shares their favorite companions from Skyrim
- Read the New York Times review for Skyrim
- The Escapist shares how one person added motion controls and voice command using a PC and Kinect
- Watch YouTube user deepcameo’s Skyrim time-lapse video with Ultra Settings
- Head to imgur to see some amazing Skyrim panoramic shots
- The always-entertaining Yahtzee reviews Skyrim
- Raptr names Skyrim the Most Played Game of 2011
- Techland shares their favorite Skyrim mods
- Just Push Start names Skyrim their favorite game (and RPG) of the year
- Check out an amazing archery skillshot from YouTube user MrTeamVideo
- Follow Piki Geek’s Tamriel Times diaries
- LOTS OF CHEESE!
That’s all for now. Don’t get forget to tune into the SPIKE VGA Awards tonight at 8 PM EST. Skyrim, RAGE, Prey 2, and Fallout: New Vegas are all nominated for awards.