- Game Informer named Skyrim their Editor and Reader pick for Game of the Year!
- Our own Nick Breckon started a Twitter account (@SkyrimMom) featuring notable quotables from his mother as she plays through the game.
- Game Informer does their best Highlights magazine impression by placing famous videogame items and icons within Alduin’s Wall. See if you can find them all.
- The Consumer Electronics Show is currently going in Vegas. See how Skyrim was shown on a tablet at NVIDIA’s booth!
- Skyrim songstress Malukah shares her latest Skyrim cover, The Age of Aggression.
- See how deviantART user ~oddeh created a Monopoly-inspired Skyrim game board.
- UGO continues their Skyrim covering marriages the many diseases you can contract.
- Craving some Skyrim Sweetrolls? Watch this video from YouTube creator SashasBiscuits
- The (new and improved) Escapist shares some of their favorite mods available now on Skyrim Nexus.
- Check out some great hand-crafted Skyrim snowflakes.
Hope everyone is having a great holiday. Wanted to share this violin (and drum) cover of Jeremy Soule’s music from Skyrim — performed by Jason Yang.
As we get ready to head out for the holidays, we wanted to share some of the latest fan art sent into the blog. Above is an amazing Dovahkiin statue created by mrben. For more outstanding contributions, check out the Flickr slideshow below.
Here’s a cool idea from UGO. They’ve put together a Character Card creator that you can share with your friends that are playing the game. All you have to do is upload a screenshot of your character.
For more details, head here.
Here’s my favorite “arrow in the knee” meme (thanks to Leydenne), courtesy of Keith Lord on Grey-Skies.net. Share yours in the comment section.
Beginning March 16, visitors to the Smithsonian American Art Museum in DC will be able to check out The Art of Video Games — featuring Fallout 3 & DOOM II!
Before the exhibit begins, the Smithsonian Institute is seeking photographs and artwork that show how games can inspire creativity. If you’ve got something Fallout or DOOM-related (or any game for that matter), be sure to upload it to the newly-created Art of Video Games Flickr page.
More fun after the break…