Yesterday, the Writer’s Guild of America announced their nominees for their inaugural videogame writing awards. As spotted on Variety, the nominees are as follows:
- “Crash of the Titans,” written by Christopher Mitchell for Sierra Entertainment
- “Dead Head Fred,” written by Dave Ellis and Adam Cogan for D3 Publisher
- “The Simpsons Game,” with lead writer Matt Selman, written by Tim Long and Matt Warburton, dialogue by Jeff Poliquin for Electronic Arts
- “The Witcher,” with lead story designer Artur Ganszyniec, dialogue by Sebastian Stepien, additional dialogue by Marcin Blacha and writers Sande Chen and Anne Toole for Atari
- “World in Conflict,” story design by Christofer Emgard, story consultant Larry Bond and script consultant Ed Zuckerman for Sierra Entertainment
So, who do you think will win the award? I’ve already put up a new blog poll so folks can vote for the nominee they think will win. Also, feel free to discuss in our comments section the nominees, as well as games you thought deserved a nod.
Congrats to all the nominees!