We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.
To celebrate the release of Dawnguard, our UK office is giving folks a chance to win a custom Skyrim Xbox 360 with Kinect. For full details on how to participate, be sure to check out the contest rules after the break.
Contest rules after the break…
The latest episode of the Bethesda Podcast goes behind the scenes with the team at Bethesda Game Studios to learn more about the latest DLC for Skyrim, Dawnguard.
Warning: minor story beats are discussed, so if you haven’t played Dawnguard and like to remain 100% fresh, bookmark for later listening.
Grab this episode via any of the following methods:
Ready to discuss the new content? Visit our newly-opened Dawnguard forum.
Want to learn more on the game? Check out reviews at these sites:
If you own a FIGS copy of Skyrim — French, Italian, German or Spanish — you’ll be happy to note that your version of the 1.6 update, featuring mounted combat and Kinect support, is rolling out today on Xbox 360.
Tomorrow, June 26, the English language version of Dawnguard will be unleashed on Xbox 360, and our plan is to launch French, Italian, German, and Spanish versions in mid-July. If you haven’t already, make sure you grab the required 1.6 title update off Xbox LIVE.
So get ready to head back into Skyrim muy pronto. And as always, stay hooked to your Bethblog feed-drip for new Skyrim news.
Congrats to Arkane Studios, Bethesda Game Studios, and id Software on their newly-announced “Best of E3 2012″ nominations from the Game Critics Awards’ judging panel. In total, Team Bethesda scored six nominations.
Tied for the most nominations of any game (four), Dishonored received nominations for Best Action/Adventure Game, Best Console Game, Best Original Game, and the overall Best of Show award!
Meanwhile, John Carmack’s VR presentation of DOOM 3 BFG Edition scored a nomination for Best Hardware, while Skyrim’s first game add-on, Dawnguard, was nominated for Best RPG.
Catch up on E3 highlights for all three titles, which only I refer to as “The Triple D”, in the roundup posts below.
Encore! BGS’ Todd Howard, Matt Carofano, and Ashley Cheng returned to E3 last week to showcase Skyrim’s first game add-on, Dawnguard.
Before getting to Dawnguard, I encourage you to watch Todd’s interview with Wil Wheaton. In it, he discusses games that inspired him, Skyrim’s amazing mod community, and plenty more. Speaking of the mod community, you’ll want to read Todd’s interview with Kotaku, too.
As for Dawnguard, learn about Dragonbone weapons, Vampire Lords, and much more in the highlights below…
- G4TV – Awarded X-Play’s Best RPG of E3 2012, don’t miss Todd’s stage presentation, as well as details on the all-new werewolf perk tree.
- Game Informer - Learn about the vampire perk tree and get Matt Bertz’ hands-on reaction.
- Machinima – Watch Matt Carofano’s stage presentation.
- Gamespot - Matt answers community questions during his stage interview.
- Kotaku - “Skyrim’s Massive Dawnguard Sounds Like a Proper Old-School RPG Expansion”.
- CVG - Matt discusses DLC features and speculates on future possibilites for tablets and smart phones.
Finally, hit the jump below to watch Todd Howard’s GameTrailers.com interview with Geoff Keighley.
An overwhelming number of fans signed up for our Skyrim Xbox 360 beta — so many that we’re only able to issue codes to .005 of the applicants.
Lucky fans began receiving emails tonight from “The Elder Scrolls”, and we’ll be done completing the deployment tomorrow. Within the email, users will receive an Xbox LIVE redemption code, as well as details on how to participate in our private feedback forum.
Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback. And for those that didn’t get in, we plan on doing this again.
Once we have details on when the update will be available in other territories, we’ll share more information. Likewise, we’ll be sending out our Skyrim beta details to applicants early this week.
1.6 release notes after the break…
We’re getting closer to E3, so we’re all using this weekend as an opportunity to rest our voices. Come Tuesday, things get crazy… crazy awesome.
To help you plan your E3 week, here’s some dates and times to remember.*
Monday, June 4th
- 1.00pm PST | G4TV shows the first-ever live demo for Dishonored
Tuesday, June 5th
- 11.00am PST | ZeniMax Online’s Paul Sage shows off The Elder Scrolls Online on GameTrailers TV
- 11.50am PST | GameTrailers TV features Dishonored co-creative director Raphael Colantonio
- 1.15pm PST | Get a first look at Dawnguard from Todd Howard on GameTrailers TV
- 3.15pm PST | Todd visits with G4TV to showcase Dawnguard
Wednesday, June 6th
- 10.05am PST | Get the lowdown on The Elder Scrolls Online E3 on GameSpot.com
- 1.15pm PST | Dawnguard presentation on Machinima.com
- 2.05pm PST | More Dawnguard, this time with Gamespot.com
- 2.25pm | Gamespot.com viewers can check out demo of Dishonored
- 4.20pm | Dishonored presentation for IGN.com
- 4.45pm PST | Tune into G4TV to see a presentation of The Elder Scrolls Online
- 5.40pm PST | MMO fans can catch more on The Elder Scrolls Online at IGN.com
Thursday, June 7th
- 11.15am PST | ZeniMax Online shares The Elder Scrolls Online with Machinima.com viewers
- 3.15pm PST | Machinima.com closes things out with a look at Dishonored
*dates and times are subject to change.