Just got this great pic of a new Dishonored ad in New York City. If you find yourself in front of a Dishonored ad, take a picture of yourself in it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance at winning some random swag!
If you’ve already played the iPhone version of Dishonored: Rat Assassin, you know there’s plenty happening on the small screen. If you’re looking to break your all-time high scores, you might want to give the newly-released iPad edition a shot. And if you’re like me, you’re not going to want to look at your current iPhone today once the new one is announced.
You can also visit www.ratassassin.com to learn more about the game and see which countries are leading in plagued vermin assassination with our rat assassin heat map.
Dishonored: Rat Assassin iPad Edition – Download for Free
Dishonored: Rat Assassin iPhone Edition – Download for Free
We’ve just released the second video in our developer documentary series for Dishonored. In ‘Immersion’, the team at Arkane Studios discuss the creative process that went into building the world and characters of Dunwall – from the city setting and it’s strange technologies to the all-star cast voicing its citizens.
Missed part 1? Catch it here.
To start, Revision3 named Dishonored their PAX Prime Game of Show. Watch their new interview with Raf Colantonio above.
- Kotaku – reveals why they love Stealth games like Dishonored.
- 1Up - ”…if Dishonored doesn’t end up being one of the best games of the year, I’ll be absolutely shocked.”
- The New York Times – “The most intriguing original fiction of the next four months.”
- Kotaku – Mark Serrels plays Dishonored, possesses a fish, and shares, “In Dishonored there are seemingly endless matrices of choice, multiple different ways to approach multiple different problems. Room to breathe, room to think, space to engage meaningfully with an environment.”
- PC Powerplay – “Not only does Dishonored look set to be Arkane’s best title yet, but if Looking Glass were around today, it is undoubtedly the kind of game they would be making”.
- CVG – Calls Dishonored “the most amazing new IP of the year.”
- IGN – Executive Producer Julien Roby discusses why now is a good time to release a new IP like Dishonored.
- VG247 – New interview with Raf Colantonio
Finally, take a photo tour of Arkane’s offices in a new feature at Business Insider.
With just over a month until Dishonored is available, we’ve released the first in a series of Developer Documentaries for the game. In this first video, appropriately titled ‘Inception’, the team at Arkane discuss how they embarked to create a unique gaming experience — a first-person game that puts the player in the role of a supernatural assassin.
The video features members of the team you’ve already met: co-creative directors Harvey Smith & Raphael Colantonio, art director Sebastien Mitton, and visual design director Viktor Antonov. In addition to these folks, you’ll also hear from:
- Florence Lapalu – Lead Character Artist
- Damien Pougheon – Lead Animator
- Sylvain Praloix – Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Christophe Carrier – lead level designer
Watch the video above and come back next week for another Developer Documentary.
Here’s a sampling of pictures I took during the first night of our PAX Prime Dishonored Party – a night full of drink & drinks, prizes, masks, and a chance to play Dishonored’s Boyle mission.
If you’re in Seattle for PAX Prime, stop by for night two. Same rat time, same rat channel (Stimson-Green Mansion 7:30 – 11:30 PM).
Help reduce Dunwall’s rat plague with our new iPhone app, Dishonored: Rat Assassin — available today on the iTunes App Store. Featuring classic “slice and dice” gameplay, as well as weapons and abilities from this Fall’s game, Rat Assassin is 100% free to download.
Want to play on iPad? An iPad-specific version will be available in the near future.
Tomorrow morning, we’ll be off to Seattle to prepare for one of our favorite events of the year, PAX Prime! This year marks our fifth year at the event, and as always, we’ve got some great stuff in store.
Those with passes to the show (the event is already sold out) will want to visit our booth to play both Dishonored and DOOM 3 BFG Edition. While you’re there, make sure to pick up some cool Bethesda swag. Our booth is open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10 AM – 6 PM.
We’re also hosting a Dishonored community event on both Friday and Saturday evening in conjunction with the guys from iam8bit that you won’t want to miss. Both nights we’ll be at the Stimson-Green Mansion — just minutes away from the convention center from 7.30pm-11.30pm. We’ll be serving food and drinks, giving away prizes, and more. You’ll also have your first chance to play Dishonored’s Boyle Party mission, which PC Gamer’s Tom Francis recently declared, “… one of the best missions I’ve played in any game.”
Interested in attending? Look for folks handing out invitations – both at our booth and outside the convention center. You’ll need one to get in. And on both nights, the event is first-come, first-serve.
See you there!