Prior to E3, fans got a taste of Dishonored’s unique first-person gameplay with the game’s E3 trailer. If you liked what you saw, you’ll love all the interviews, footage, and more that came out of last week’s event.
The gaming press certainly loved what they saw, as the game has already received more than 50 E3 Awards globally. Some of those awards include:
- GameSpy – Overall Game of Show & Best Action Game
- G4TV – Most Original Game
- Gamespot – Best of E3 2012 Editors’ Choice Award
- The Verge/Polygon – Editor’s Choice Selection
- Digital Trends – Overall Best of Show
- Joystiq – EIC Judwig Kietzmann’s Game of Show
- Giant Bomb – One of Patrick Klepek’s most memorable game played at E3
- EGM – Best Action Game, Game of Show Runner-Up
- Yahoo Games – Best of E3 Selection
- Cinema Blend – “The Best Game at E3″
- Game Revolution – Best of E3 Selection
- PC Gamer – Staff Favorite (Tom Francis)
- Hidden Audio Log - #1 Game of Show
- Gamers Daily News – Top 3 Games of E3
- Games Catalyst – Top 5 E3 Triumphs
- The Age – Hits of E3
- Paste Magazine – Top 10 Game of E3
- Destructoid – Game of Show & Best Action Game Nominee
- Kotaku — Top 27 Game Ideas (Blink ability)
Want to see more for yourself, don’t miss these videos from the show…
- Machinima – 20-minute gameplay demo
- Gamespot – 18-minute walkthrough with Raphael Colantonio
- IGN – 10-minute feature with Raphael
- G4TV – Live demo with Harvey & Raph
There’s plenty more Dishonored coverage to take in — stayed tuned for part 2 of our E3 wrap in the near future.
Update: Regarding the question about how long Dishonored will be, co-creative director Harvey Smith added the following in a tweet today:
Regarding play-time in #Dishonored: Very direct players finish in ~12 hours and explorers who eavesdrop finish in ~24.
Over the last week, we’ve collected your Dishonored questions both here on the blog and on our Facebook pages. To answer the first batch of questions we have co-creative directors, Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio.
Q: How does mana work in Dishonored?
A: A small portion of the mana bar regens; just enough to use powers like Blink and Dark Vision, making them basically free. Beyond that, for the expensive powers like Possession or Bend Time, the player must rely on Piero’s Spiritual Remedy (mana potions).
Q: How many different powers will there be?
A: There are six major active powers and four enhancements (passive powers), in addition to weapons and gadgets; plus there are 40 bone charms in the game that grant small supernatural perks. But no one can have all of these things in one playthrough.
Q: How long will the game be?
A: Play-style matters a lot. Very direct players will probably get through the game in 12 or 14 hours. Explorers who eavesdrop a lot will take twice as long.
Thanks for the great questions. If there’s something you’d like to know about Dishonored, post your question here on the blog or at https://facebook.com/dishonored
Visit dishonored.tumblr.com for more awesome!
Grab desktop, iPhone, and iPad versions of our new Dishonored wallpaper on the game’s Official Facebook page.
Starting this week, we’ll be answering a new community question for Dishonored. If there’s something you’re dying to learn about, submit your question via Facebook or in the comments section below. We will send the best questions to the developers at Arkane Studios to answer.
We’re getting closer to E3, so we’re all using this weekend as an opportunity to rest our voices. Come Tuesday, things get crazy… crazy awesome.
To help you plan your E3 week, here’s some dates and times to remember.*
Monday, June 4th
- 1.00pm PST | G4TV shows the first-ever live demo for Dishonored
Tuesday, June 5th
- 11.00am PST | ZeniMax Online’s Paul Sage shows off The Elder Scrolls Online on GameTrailers TV
- 11.50am PST | GameTrailers TV features Dishonored co-creative director Raphael Colantonio
- 1.15pm PST | Get a first look at Dawnguard from Todd Howard on GameTrailers TV
- 3.15pm PST | Todd visits with G4TV to showcase Dawnguard
Wednesday, June 6th
- 10.05am PST | Get the lowdown on The Elder Scrolls Online E3 on GameSpot.com
- 1.15pm PST | Dawnguard presentation on Machinima.com
- 2.05pm PST | More Dawnguard, this time with Gamespot.com
- 2.25pm | Gamespot.com viewers can check out demo of Dishonored
- 4.20pm | Dishonored presentation for IGN.com
- 4.45pm PST | Tune into G4TV to see a presentation of The Elder Scrolls Online
- 5.40pm PST | MMO fans can catch more on The Elder Scrolls Online at IGN.com
Thursday, June 7th
- 11.15am PST | ZeniMax Online shares The Elder Scrolls Online with Machinima.com viewers
- 3.15pm PST | Machinima.com closes things out with a look at Dishonored
*dates and times are subject to change.