This week’s PlayStation Store update has gone live and The Knife of Dunwall is now available for PlayStation 3 users in both Europe and North America.
Today at 1:30 pm est, we’ll be doing our first Twitch.TV livestream — showcasing the Rothwild Slaughterhouse. On hand to present the area will be the add-ons Creative Director, Ricardo Bare.
During the stream, we’ll be fielding questions from the community — both at Twitch.TV/Bethesda and looking at tweets sent to @Dishonored with the hashtag #DishonoredTwitch.
And as a reminder, The Knife of Dunwall releases tomorrow on Xbox 360, Steam, and PlayStation 3 (PS3 players in Europe will be able to download on Wednesday).
You’ve played the role of the Empress’ protector, and now you will experience Dishonored from the other side of the coin. Watch our newly released trailer for Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall, which puts you in the role of Daud — the assassin responsible for Empress Jessamine’s death.
Big thanks to Mayank Tiwari (aka KryoSound) for helping with the trailer’s music!
The Knife of Dunwall releases this coming Tuesday, April 16th for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC for $9.99 (or 800 Microsoft Points). To learn more about the content, be sure to watch our first Twitch.TV Live Stream — planned for Monday at 1:30 pm est.
In preparation for the release of Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall, this week we’re rolling out our 1.3 title update for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
So what’s in the update? Check the changelog below…
Dishonored Steam Update (v. 1.3) – Changes are for all platforms unless noted otherwise.
- Adds support for Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Bug Fixes (Dunwall City Trials)
- Fixes a bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where live grenade remains in player’s hand when restarting match.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where restarting match while cooking grenade causes disabled left hand.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where you can fall down into The Void.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where being killed by player killed by Warfare Overseers will restart challenge with lowered health.
- Fixes a bug in both the Back Alley Brawl and Bend Time Massacre challenges where a Headshot bonus is not awarded if an NPC dies after Bend Time II effects end.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where Explosive Pistol does not count as an explosive kill.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where achieving the Power Combo bonus using Blink is awarding 2 kills.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where you are unable to possess Nobles after firing gun through glass.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where restarting as the Bend Time effect ends causes the round to complete with zero score and a black screen.
- Fixes a rare bug where you can inadvertently receive the Time Management achievement/trophy after failing to get the bonus.
- Fixes a rare crash in Bend Time Massacre challenge during Waiting For Effects sequence.
- Fixes a bug in Oil Drop challenge where aim assist does not work on PC.
- Fixes a bug where file integrity check requires a game restart at Dunwall City Trials first boot on PC.
- Fixes a bug in Thief (Expert) challenge where key inventory is not reset when restarting from completion.
- Fixes a bug on PC where game displays keyboard and controller art together.
- Fixes a rare bug in Kill Chain challenge where countdown timer will stop after killing some enemies.
Bug Fixes (Dishonored)
- Fixes a bug on where you receive a kill in Player/Mission stats if sliding into Slackjaw after freeing him.
- Fixes a bug where City Watch does not leave attack posture when rewiring an arc pylon.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer Backyard where player could get stuck on chain.
- Fixes a collision issue when Corvo drowns.
- Fixes a bug where navigation in Piero’s shop was difficult when only one weapon upgrade remains.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer mission where loading autosave created after actioning poison causes Campbell & Curnow to run.
- Fixes Player/Mission Stats bugs.
- Fixes a bug in Lighthouse where patrols are broken and there’s no sound after reloading a savegame in low chaos.
- Fixes a bug where Specter Achievement does not activate upon completing requirements in Brothel.
- Fixes a UI bug where turning off Health/Mana gauge show gauges when powers are used via hotkey.
- Fixes a rare crash when signing out of your profile (Xbox 360)
- Fixes a rare bug where installation in Czech doesn’t work if the previous language was Polish (Playstation 3)
- Fixes a rare crash when rewiring a Watch Tower and taking a possessed rat into line of fire (PlayStation 3)
We start with YouTube creator timtimfed’s impressive live-action, side-scrolling tribute to Dishonored. Love the Possession references :p
If Corvo played video games, it would be: 1) odd and 2) most definitely with this Dishonored-themed controller from Devin Smith. See more at EndofLineDesigns.com.
Speaking of Dishonored, we’re just over a week away from the release of The Knife of Dunwall. To kill time (or non-lethally wait), read these articles…
- Facebook – Today we’ve posted the achievement/trophy images for The Knife of Dunwall.
- Shacknews - Knife of Dunwall Creative Director Ricardo Bare reveals how playing as a new character (Daud) means new gameplay elements for the player.
- Polygon – Learn how Dishonored’s game’s Art Director, Sebastien Mitton, changed the game’s art style from its original concept — set in feudal Japan.
MMOving to The Elder Scrolls Online, new highlights on the game’s official site include:
- Developer Question of the Week - Producer Andrew Frederiksen asks about crafting
- The Tamriel Chronicle – Learn about the latest community features from sites like The Tamriel Foundry, Elder Scrolls Off the Record, The Shadowed Mare, and many more!
- Conflict in Cyrodiil – Learn how you can help your alliance control The Imperial City.
And as a parting shot for this roundup, we share the greatest LEGO-made Pip-Boy 3000 ever — spotted at DVICE.com.
Watch the third part of our Golden Cat walkthrough, featuring commentary from co-creative directors Raf Colantonio and Harvey Smith.
Watch the video and learn new details about the game’s systems and mechanics.
Today we’re looking at the latest highlights for Dishonored, including the first coverage for the game’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
First, let’s give a hand to Arkane Studios and all our Dishonored fans. Last night at GDC’s Game Developers Choice Awards, the game took home the first-ever Audience Award!
At PAX East and across Europe, gaming journalists got their first chance to play The Knife of Dunwall, which puts you in control of Daud — the legendary assassin responsible for the murder of Empress Jessamine. In a new video up at GameTrailers (and embedded above), you’ll get your first glimpse look at gameplay.
Other must-read previews include Kotaku’s 15 Things You Should Know About Dishonored’s New DLC, Destructoid’s I like Knife of Dunwall more than Dishonored first look, and new impressions from the stealth experts at Sneaky Bastards. Here’s a snippet of their preview:
“From our playthrough of the first mission of The Knife of Dunwall, it’s clear that no expense has been spared in offering more full-fledged missions that leverage and expand upon the design principles established by Dishonored’s unique environment design and stealth gameplay.”
More Dishonored after the break… Continue reading full article ›
Good news, Dishonored fans! We can confirm today that Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill) will return as the voice of Daud in both of Dishonored’s upcoming add-ons, next month’s The Knife of Dunwall and later this year, The Brigmore Witches.