In addition to the new lithographs from yesterday, we have two new prints available for Dishonored fans.
Update 5/14: Void Walker’s Arsenal is now available on both Steam and Xbox LIVE. The PlayStation 3 release will be available later today on the North American PlayStation Store and tomorrow afternoon on the European PlayStation Store.
The gifts of the Outsider are bestowed unto those who walk the Void.
With the Void Walker’s Arsenal add-on pack, gain immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Dishonored. The Acrobatic Killer Pack, Arcane Assassin Pack, Backstreet Butcher Pack and Shadow Rat Pack offer unique character bonuses, additional bone charm slots, unhidden books and bonus coins that will aid you in your pursuit of revenge. Found in the Hound Pits Pub, use these items to enhance your playthrough of Corvo’s main campaign in the original game.
Full details on the bundles included after the break…
Today we’re sending congrats to everyone at Arkane Studios and our German office, as Dishonored was named ‘Best International Console Game’ at this year’s LARA — a.k.a. the biggest video game award show for Germany.
On hand to receive the award and smile for the camera are (from left): Kurt Krömer (German Comedian), Harvey Smith, Julien Roby, and Raphael Colantonio.
At Kotaku, they don’t give review scores, but they emphatically say “YES!” to the content — with Jason Schreier’s conclusion summing things up nicely:
“Just more Dishonored,” it must be said, is not a complaint. You don’t go to a steakhouse expecting to get fish. Sometimes another big chunk of meat is just what you need—even if you won’t get to finish eating until later this year.
Elsewhere, check out reviews at these fine sites.
OXM (9/10) – It’s been a long seven months since Corvo’s tale ended, but we’re glad Arkane didn’t rush out the next chapter. Knife of Dunwall sharpens Dishonored’s storytelling and combat in one slice.
Gamespot (8.5/10) – Watch the video review.
NBC News – Watch the video review.
Gametrailers (8.9/10)– Whale vivisection, electric mines, and other fun toys make this story-driven DLC a must have for any fan of teleportation-assisted assassination!
Polygon (8/10) — “The Knife of Dunwall is almost exactly what it needs to be. Familiar without feeling the same, comprehensible but more demanding. The Knife of Dunwall artfully builds onto Arkane’s world, even if it shares some of the fictional and design difficulties of its foundation — and the most exciting thing about it is what it promises for the continuing story of Dunwall.”
Eurogamer (8/10) – “It’s all that’s great about Dishonored, essentially, a subtly tweaked and well fleshed out return to the dirty streets of Dunwall, and its handful of shortcomings and taste for blood over stealth are never really enough to stop it from being essential.”
GamerLimit (8.5/10) – “It takes the core fundamentals from the original game without sacrificing the integrity of it and provides its own spin on the formula. Honestly, at this point I wish Daud was the main character of Dishonored to begin with. If you even slightly enjoyed Dishonored, this is a no-brainer.”
OXM UK (8/10) — “Level design still invites experimentation, but your tool set nudges you towards combat rather than stealth. The tougher difficulty means you’ll likely rely trial and error to get the perfect stealth run, and Daud’s arsenal often feels against you if you’re not getting into bloody combat.”
Forbes (8/10) — “In our first trip back to Dunwall, we control Daud, the hard-as-nails assassin who kicked off Dishonored by murdering the Empress. He plays like Corvo, only just different enough to make him feel like his own man.”
The Koalition (8/10 — “Knife of Dunwall is a nice addition to an already excellent game.”
Destructoid (8/10) — “The promise of more DLC has me excited, if not to finish Daud’s adventure, then to explore more of this detailed world, and embark on more devilishly challenging assassinations.”
GamrReview (8.7/100) — “I’m glad that this DLC was made: we do get to see a little more of everyone’s favourite Dishonored character, the Outsider, and we do get another two and a half levels of stealthy brutal goodness.”
Gaming Trend (93/100) — “If you enjoyed Dishonored you know exactly what you are in for here.
Later this year, the adventures of Daud will continue with The Brigmore Witches. As new details on the content become available, we’ll share them here.
Today at 1:30 pm est, we’ll be doing our first Twitch.TV livestream — showcasing the Rothwild Slaughterhouse. On hand to present the area will be the add-ons Creative Director, Ricardo Bare.
During the stream, we’ll be fielding questions from the community — both at Twitch.TV/Bethesda and looking at tweets sent to @Dishonored with the hashtag #DishonoredTwitch.
And as a reminder, The Knife of Dunwall releases tomorrow on Xbox 360, Steam, and PlayStation 3 (PS3 players in Europe will be able to download on Wednesday).
You’ve played the role of the Empress’ protector, and now you will experience Dishonored from the other side of the coin. Watch our newly released trailer for Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall, which puts you in the role of Daud — the assassin responsible for Empress Jessamine’s death.
Big thanks to Mayank Tiwari (aka KryoSound) for helping with the trailer’s music!
The Knife of Dunwall releases this coming Tuesday, April 16th for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC for $9.99 (or 800 Microsoft Points). To learn more about the content, be sure to watch our first Twitch.TV Live Stream — planned for Monday at 1:30 pm est.
In preparation for the release of Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall, this week we’re rolling out our 1.3 title update for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
So what’s in the update? Check the changelog below…
Dishonored Steam Update (v. 1.3) – Changes are for all platforms unless noted otherwise.
- Adds support for Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Bug Fixes (Dunwall City Trials)
- Fixes a bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where live grenade remains in player’s hand when restarting match.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where restarting match while cooking grenade causes disabled left hand.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where you can fall down into The Void.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where being killed by player killed by Warfare Overseers will restart challenge with lowered health.
- Fixes a bug in both the Back Alley Brawl and Bend Time Massacre challenges where a Headshot bonus is not awarded if an NPC dies after Bend Time II effects end.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where Explosive Pistol does not count as an explosive kill.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where achieving the Power Combo bonus using Blink is awarding 2 kills.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where you are unable to possess Nobles after firing gun through glass.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where restarting as the Bend Time effect ends causes the round to complete with zero score and a black screen.
- Fixes a rare bug where you can inadvertently receive the Time Management achievement/trophy after failing to get the bonus.
- Fixes a rare crash in Bend Time Massacre challenge during Waiting For Effects sequence.
- Fixes a bug in Oil Drop challenge where aim assist does not work on PC.
- Fixes a bug where file integrity check requires a game restart at Dunwall City Trials first boot on PC.
- Fixes a bug in Thief (Expert) challenge where key inventory is not reset when restarting from completion.
- Fixes a bug on PC where game displays keyboard and controller art together.
- Fixes a rare bug in Kill Chain challenge where countdown timer will stop after killing some enemies.
Bug Fixes (Dishonored)
- Fixes a bug on where you receive a kill in Player/Mission stats if sliding into Slackjaw after freeing him.
- Fixes a bug where City Watch does not leave attack posture when rewiring an arc pylon.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer Backyard where player could get stuck on chain.
- Fixes a collision issue when Corvo drowns.
- Fixes a bug where navigation in Piero’s shop was difficult when only one weapon upgrade remains.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer mission where loading autosave created after actioning poison causes Campbell & Curnow to run.
- Fixes Player/Mission Stats bugs.
- Fixes a bug in Lighthouse where patrols are broken and there’s no sound after reloading a savegame in low chaos.
- Fixes a bug where Specter Achievement does not activate upon completing requirements in Brothel.
- Fixes a UI bug where turning off Health/Mana gauge show gauges when powers are used via hotkey.
- Fixes a rare crash when signing out of your profile (Xbox 360)
- Fixes a rare bug where installation in Czech doesn’t work if the previous language was Polish (Playstation 3)
- Fixes a rare crash when rewiring a Watch Tower and taking a possessed rat into line of fire (PlayStation 3)