Watch the trailer on YouTube and pre-order here
We’re pleased to announce that QuakeCon 2012, the ultimate video game festival, will kick off on Thursday, August 2nd with an annual keynote address given by John Carmack.
In addition to John’s keynote, this year’s QuakeCon will host a number of panel discussions featuring prominent members of the interactive entertainment industry. Attendees will be able to check out panels such as The Game of Making Games, Designing Multiplayer Games That Last, GameTrailers ‘Bonus Round’, and Idle Thumbs Podcast Live: Arena. Panelists will include Marty Stratton from id Software, Ted Price, President and CEO of Insomniac Games, Chet Faliszek and Tom Leonard from Valve Software, and Geoff Keighley, host of Spike’s GameTrailers.
The full line-up of panels and guest speakers will be announced in the coming days.
During the event, attendees will also have the opportunity to play Dishonored, the supernatural assassin action game under development at Arkane Studios, and DOOM 3 BFG Edition, the full collection of genre-defining games from id Software, in Bethesda’s booth in the Exhibit Hall.
To learn about exhibitors and sponsors, hit the jump below…
Congrats to Arkane Studios, Bethesda Game Studios, and id Software on their newly-announced “Best of E3 2012″ nominations from the Game Critics Awards’ judging panel. In total, Team Bethesda scored six nominations.
Tied for the most nominations of any game (four), Dishonored received nominations for Best Action/Adventure Game, Best Console Game, Best Original Game, and the overall Best of Show award!
Meanwhile, John Carmack’s VR presentation of DOOM 3 BFG Edition scored a nomination for Best Hardware, while Skyrim’s first game add-on, Dawnguard, was nominated for Best RPG.
Catch up on E3 highlights for all three titles, which only I refer to as “The Triple D”, in the roundup posts below.
DOOM 3 BFGEdition is slated for release in North America on October 16, 2012 and throughout Europe on October 19, 2012. DOOM 3 BFG Edition will feature re-mastered versions of both DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, as well seven new levels of content entitled ‘The Lost Mission.’ DOOM 3 BFG Edition will be available in North America on PC for $29.99 and on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $39.99.
Re-mastered for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, DOOM 3 and it’s expansion pack offer enhanced visuals further immersing you in the demonic world like never before. DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil, and ‘The Lost Mission’ have been optimized in 3D, featuring 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game. id Software has fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and DOOM 3 now features the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.
DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM 2 games, making it the definitive collection of the genre-defining games developed by id Software, the pioneers of the first-person shooter genre.
We start with a preview at PCGamesN, who declared John Carmack’s VR presentation the winner of E3. Here’s an excerpt…
“Bethesda turned up with a pair of goggles, spare rocket parts, a hacked copy of Doom 3, Ph.D level genius and duct tape. Lots of duct tape. Designed by Palmer Lucky, and optimised by Carmack, the HMD provides full, true 3D virtual reality immersion with zero latency. I played with it at the show, behind closed doors at Bethesda’s booth; it was easily the highlight of my life as a gamer. Next-generation doesn’t cut it; as I took the goggles off I was left reeling. It was fluid, fast, and mind-bending. Doom 3: BFG edition might be an updated version of an eight year old game; but after playing it in 3D-O-Vision, it became the most exciting game on the planet.”
- Giant Bomb - Watch a 17+ minute interview with John Carmack.
- PC Gamer – Catch three video with John Carmack showing off DOOM 3 BFG.
- USA Today – Mike Snider comes away impressed by the VR setup.
- Kotaku – Stephen Totilo spends time with “One of Video Games’ Smartest People”.
- G4TV – In their E3 awards, they nominate the DOOM 3 goggles for Best Hardware.
- GamesRadar - Learn why John Carmack is ready for virtual reality.
- CNN – Find out why DOOM 3 BFG was Larry Frum’s ‘Most Amazing Experience’.
- T3.com - John Carmack unveils virtual reality gaming headset.
We’re getting closer to E3, so we’re all using this weekend as an opportunity to rest our voices. Come Tuesday, things get crazy… crazy awesome.
To help you plan your E3 week, here’s some dates and times to remember.*
Monday, June 4th
- 1.00pm PST | G4TV shows the first-ever live demo for Dishonored
Tuesday, June 5th
- 11.00am PST | ZeniMax Online’s Paul Sage shows off The Elder Scrolls Online on GameTrailers TV
- 11.50am PST | GameTrailers TV features Dishonored co-creative director Raphael Colantonio
- 1.15pm PST | Get a first look at Dawnguard from Todd Howard on GameTrailers TV
- 3.15pm PST | Todd visits with G4TV to showcase Dawnguard
Wednesday, June 6th
- 10.05am PST | Get the lowdown on The Elder Scrolls Online E3 on GameSpot.com
- 1.15pm PST | Dawnguard presentation on Machinima.com
- 2.05pm PST | More Dawnguard, this time with Gamespot.com
- 2.25pm | Gamespot.com viewers can check out demo of Dishonored
- 4.20pm | Dishonored presentation for IGN.com
- 4.45pm PST | Tune into G4TV to see a presentation of The Elder Scrolls Online
- 5.40pm PST | MMO fans can catch more on The Elder Scrolls Online at IGN.com
Thursday, June 7th
- 11.15am PST | ZeniMax Online shares The Elder Scrolls Online with Machinima.com viewers
- 3.15pm PST | Machinima.com closes things out with a look at Dishonored
*dates and times are subject to change.
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first person shooter. It includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the ‘Lost Mission.’ All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in stunning 3D for an even more terrifying FPS experience.