Encore! BGS’ Todd Howard, Matt Carofano, and Ashley Cheng returned to E3 last week to showcase Skyrim’s first game add-on, Dawnguard.
Before getting to Dawnguard, I encourage you to watch Todd’s interview with Wil Wheaton. In it, he discusses games that inspired him, Skyrim’s amazing mod community, and plenty more. Speaking of the mod community, you’ll want to read Todd’s interview with Kotaku, too.
As for Dawnguard, learn about Dragonbone weapons, Vampire Lords, and much more in the highlights below…
- G4TV – Awarded X-Play’s Best RPG of E3 2012, don’t miss Todd’s stage presentation, as well as details on the all-new werewolf perk tree.
- Game Informer – Learn about the vampire perk tree and get Matt Bertz’ hands-on reaction.
- Machinima – Watch Matt Carofano’s stage presentation.
- Gamespot – Matt answers community questions during his stage interview.
- Kotaku – “Skyrim’s Massive Dawnguard Sounds Like a Proper Old-School RPG Expansion”.
- CVG – Matt discusses DLC features and speculates on future possibilites for tablets and smart phones.
Finally, hit the jump below to watch Todd Howard’s GameTrailers.com interview with Geoff Keighley.
Prior to E3, fans got a taste of Dishonored’s unique first-person gameplay with the game’s E3 trailer. If you liked what you saw, you’ll love all the interviews, footage, and more that came out of last week’s event.
The gaming press certainly loved what they saw, as the game has already received more than 50 E3 Awards globally. Some of those awards include:
- GameSpy – Overall Game of Show & Best Action Game
- G4TV – Most Original Game
- Gamespot – Best of E3 2012 Editors’ Choice Award
- The Verge/Polygon – Editor’s Choice Selection
- Digital Trends – Overall Best of Show
- Joystiq – EIC Judwig Kietzmann’s Game of Show
- Giant Bomb – One of Patrick Klepek’s most memorable game played at E3
- EGM – Best Action Game, Game of Show Runner-Up
- Yahoo Games – Best of E3 Selection
- Cinema Blend – “The Best Game at E3″
- Game Revolution – Best of E3 Selection
- PC Gamer – Staff Favorite (Tom Francis)
- Hidden Audio Log – #1 Game of Show
- Gamers Daily News – Top 3 Games of E3
- Games Catalyst – Top 5 E3 Triumphs
- The Age – Hits of E3
- Paste Magazine – Top 10 Game of E3
- Destructoid – Game of Show & Best Action Game Nominee
- Kotaku — Top 27 Game Ideas (Blink ability)
Want to see more for yourself, don’t miss these videos from the show…
- Machinima – 20-minute gameplay demo
- Gamespot – 18-minute walkthrough with Raphael Colantonio
- IGN – 10-minute feature with Raphael
- G4TV – Live demo with Harvey & Raph
There’s plenty more Dishonored coverage to take in — stayed tuned for part 2 of our E3 wrap in the near future.
Enjoy photos uploaded to our Bethesda Flickr account from E3 2012!
We start with a preview at PCGamesN, who declared John Carmack’s VR presentation the winner of E3. Here’s an excerpt…
“Bethesda turned up with a pair of goggles, spare rocket parts, a hacked copy of Doom 3, Ph.D level genius and duct tape. Lots of duct tape. Designed by Palmer Lucky, and optimised by Carmack, the HMD provides full, true 3D virtual reality immersion with zero latency. I played with it at the show, behind closed doors at Bethesda’s booth; it was easily the highlight of my life as a gamer. Next-generation doesn’t cut it; as I took the goggles off I was left reeling. It was fluid, fast, and mind-bending. Doom 3: BFG edition might be an updated version of an eight year old game; but after playing it in 3D-O-Vision, it became the most exciting game on the planet.”
- Giant Bomb – Watch a 17+ minute interview with John Carmack.
- PC Gamer – Catch three video with John Carmack showing off DOOM 3 BFG.
- USA Today – Mike Snider comes away impressed by the VR setup.
- Kotaku – Stephen Totilo spends time with “One of Video Games’ Smartest People”.
- G4TV – In their E3 awards, they nominate the DOOM 3 goggles for Best Hardware.
- GamesRadar – Learn why John Carmack is ready for virtual reality.
- CNN – Find out why DOOM 3 BFG was Larry Frum’s ‘Most Amazing Experience’.
- T3.com – John Carmack unveils virtual reality gaming headset.
Starting this week, we’ll be answering a new community question for Dishonored. If there’s something you’re dying to learn about, submit your question via Facebook or in the comments section below. We will send the best questions to the developers at Arkane Studios to answer.
For more on the game, visit the Dishonored official website and these community pages:
In a release today, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and the Entertainment Software Association announced this year’s winning pieces for the 2012 Into the Pixel collection. Among the selected entries was the above image, titled “Regent”, that appears in Dishonored.
Created by Sergey Kolesov and Arkane Studio’s art director, Sebastien Mitton, the piece will be displayed at E3 from June 7-9, 2011 in the Concourse Foyer. Following E3, it will be toured around the globe at other gaming events.
Congrats to Sergey, Sebastien, and the rest of the team at Arkane for this prestigious honor.