Rogue Warrior is now available in North American for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Games for Windows, as well as on Steam. Experience an action-packed single-player campaign as well as intense multiplayer combat playing as the real-life Navy SEAL and founder of the elite SEAL Team Six, Richard “Demo Dick” Marcinko.
Featuring the voice of Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee, Mickey Rourke, Rogue Warrior was inspired by Marcinko’s New York Times bestseller of the same name and his subsequent novels based loosely on his own past military experiences. Marcinko’s defiant, crude, and sometimes ruthless behavior has earned him both glory and infamy in the history books.
For more details on Rogue Warrior, visit the game’s official website.
Below are details on Fallout 3 DLC for PlayStation 3, as well as an update on Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition.
PlayStation 3 Downloadable Content
Today we released an update for the PS3 version of Fallout 3 that addresses a number of issues, includes some optimizations, and adds trophy support for the DLC. The first DLC for PS3, Broken Steel, will be available next Thursday, September 24th. That will be followed by the release of “Operation: Anchorage” and “The Pitt” on October 1st, and “Point Lookout” and “Mothership Zeta” on October 8th.
These dates are for English versions of the game. As soon as we have updates for other territories, we’ll let you know.
Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
We are also pleased to announce that Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC) will be available at retail on Tuesday, October 13th. The Game of the Year edition includes Fallout 3 and all five DLCs. The discs will include the title updates you will need to play the DLC — so an online connection is not required.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will retail for $59.99 and the Games for Windows version will be available for $49.99.
Continue reading full article ›
Wanted to let everyone know (particularly those playing Fallout 3 without online access to DLC) that the second Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack — featuring Broken Steel and Point Lookout — will be available in North America on August 25th (28th in Europe) on both Games for Windows and Xbox 360.
Today we’re pleased to release the first four screenshots for Mothership Zeta, our fifth and final DLC for Fallout 3. Head to the Fallout 3 Official Site to see them in all their glory.
As the subject line already states, we’re bringing Mothership Zeta to Games for Windows LIVE and Xbox LIVE on MONDAY, August 3rd for 800 MS Points. The DLC will be released at a later date on PlayStation 3.
Stay tuned between now and August 3rd for more details on Mothership Zeta.
Point Lookout is now available to download for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows. You can buy both versions online through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace (be sure to download the GFWL Client if you haven’t already) . Also be sure to check out the latest screenshots, the Point Lookout trailer, and the team diary on the creation of Point Lookout.
For the Games for Windows version of Point Lookout, make sure you have the latest game update (v 1.6). Get it here.
Update: Wanna see more on Point Lookout. Check out videos at G4TV and MSNBC Tech Watch.
This morning we put out a press release with some big announcements for Fallout 3.
Up first, we’re working on DLC for the PlayStation 3. We’ll be releasing Operation: Anchorage in late June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart after. Later this year, PlayStation 3 users will also get…
…our next two DLCs, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Coming first to Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows LIVE in June and July, respectively, here’s a brief synopis on both:
* Point Lookout â€“ Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
* Mothership Zeta â€“ The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.
Finally, we’ve got three more Fallout releases coming to retail this year:
- Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on May 26.
- The Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August.
- A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC.
It’s worth noting that retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 are not possible and the DLC will only be available for download online via PlayStation Network.
We’ll have more details on all of these releases soon. In the meantime, you can read the press release here, as well as a new interview with Todd at IGN.
Today we’ve announced that Mickey Rourke, a Golden Globe winner and Academy Award nominee for “The Wrestler, ” has been given the lead role in our upcoming shooter Rogue Warrior. Rourke will play Richard “Demo Dick” Marcinko — a real-life Navy SEAL and founder of the elite SEAL Team 6.
Developed by Rebellion Studios, Rogue Warrior is planned for a release later this year on Xbox 360, Games for Windows LIVE, and PlayStation 3. For more details, check out the press release.
Update: You can find previews/interviews for Rogue Warrior at the following sites:
As noted last week on the blog, Games for Windows has a Connect & Win contest — where if you’re logged into Games for Windows LIVE and playing Fallout 3, you have a chance to win one of their daily prizes.
Today kicks off the last week of the contest with a chance to a Fallout 3 Survival Edition. So boot up the game, log into your Games for Windows LIVE account and cross your fingers.
For more details on Connect & Win, head here.
With the announcement that Fallout 3 has officially gone gold, we’ve put up the minimum and recommended requirements to play the game on PC.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista
- 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
- 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Recommended System Requirements:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB System RAM
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)
- Supported Video Card Chipsets:
For complete details, visit our FAQ page.
Just a head’s up, we’ve received word from the folks at Amazon that the Fallout 3 Survival Edition for PlayStation 3 has sold out. So if you’re looking for it on their site, now you know why it’s not there. For those wanting to order the Survival Edition on Xbox 360 or Games for Windows, we’re told these are expected to sell out soon as well.
If you missed it, the Survival Edition includes:
- Fallout 3 (yes, it has the game)
- A life-size replica of the Pip-Boy 3000, the wrist-mounted device worn by characters in the game.
- Vault Boy Bobblehead: Your very own Vault Boy collector’s item is direct from Vault-Tec.
- The Art of Fallout 3: Features nearly 100 pages of never-before seen concept art and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists.
- The Making of Fallout 3 DVD: An exclusive, inside look at Bethesda Game Studios and the team behind the game.
- Vault-Tec Lunch Box: A fully customized metal lunch box.
Again, the Survival Edition of the game is exclusive to Amazon.com and only availabe to US residents.