I’ll begin with our forums, where pirate_phil has released his Vault Dwellers Survival Perk Pack. The mod features 10 new perks, complete with new Vault Boy imagery (like Old Father Time Perk shown above). To download it, head over to Fallout 3 Nexus.
Also worth checking out at Nexus is Martigen’s Mutant Mod that makes creatures and NPCs more unique throughout the wasteland. Check out some of the features below:
- Every creature and NPC is unique with its own stats, size, confidence, health, damage and even skin (texture)
- Creatures and NPCs suffer improved wounding effects such as visible bleedng and statistic penalties
- Creatures and NPCs can loot the corpses of fallen enemies, after which you can find this loot if you kill them
- Creatures and NPCs have improved behavioural AI based on class — in any given group some may be aggressive towards you, some may be ambivalent, and others may avoid you outright.
- Configurable increased spawns allow you tailor how many creatures and NPCs spawn in the game at any given spawn point
- Improved faction system to better reflect inter-faction relations and ensure the player isn’t the center of the universe
- New creatures and NPCs to add variety to the wasteland — all hand-crafted with their own stats, abilities, loot, weapons, textures and in some cases scripted AI behaviour.
Martigen’s Mutant Mod is currently in beta and can be discussed here in our forums. While you’re at it, you might also want to check out his Increased Spawns mod to add a little more challenge to your game.
For more mods, hit the jump below…