Wanted to share this awesome Morrowind modding project, Morrowind Overhaul – Graphics and Sound, created by Kingpix and the rest of the Morrowind Overhaul Team. As the trailer shows, the mod dramatically enhances the video and audio for the game.
Welcome to another round of Around the Web… step right up and read the news!
But first, with RAGE’s new trailer unveiled, we thought we share some archived coverage for those of you catching up on the title. Above is a GameTrailers’ interview (featuring gameplay) from QuakeCon last year with creative director Tim Willits. For more of RAGE (and Tim), check out the videos embedded here.
Moving along, one of my favorite stories of the year so far is this one I spotted a week back on Kotaku. It’s about a Fallout fan named Gareth. Unlike most of us, Gareth can’t play games with his hands, but he’s put together a setup that allows him to play games using his chin. Watch a video of him playing New Vegas here… cool, inspiring stuff.
Check out more on New Vegas at these sites…
- British Academy of Film and Television Arts (that’s BAFTA) has announced their GAME British Academy Video Games Awards’ nominees with New Vegas receiving nominations for Best Strategy Game and Best Story
- Game Industry News has nominated the game for Best RPG
- GamePro includes New Vegas (and Oblivion) in a feature on the 10 Best RPGs you should be playing
Skyrim news (and more) after the break…
Planet Elder Scrolls has announced the newest Hall of Fame mods for both Morrowind and Oblivion. Join us in celebrating the latest inductees…
- Hilgya the Seamstress Expansion 1 by Plangkye: More than 80 new articles of Better Bodies clothing have been added to Hilgya’s store in Dagon Fel. Requires Hilgya the Seamstress.esm.
- Daedric Warhammer Replacement by Android (shown above): This mod replaces all generic daedric warhammers in the game with a new model and texture, stats remain the same.
- Pursuit Enhanced by Yacoby: The chase is on. This mod makes up to six people or creatures that are chasing/attacking you follow you through load areas.
- Companion Share/Recruit by Talkie Toaster: Boss NPCs around or make friends with them! This mod allows you to recruit any NPC in the land to follow you, give them orders, and even access their inventories. Alternatively, you can make friends and influence people by giving gifts, then borrow things from them.
- Expanded Hotkeys and Spell Delete by scruggs: Just like it sounds, this mod increases the number of hotkeys (to 28) and also lets you delete spells from your spell book.
- Banes Witchking Lair by Bane: Lord of the Rings fans won’t want to miss this mod inspired by Tolkien’s masterpiece.
Congrats to all of the these modders for their work!
- Magic Icon Border (icon replacer) by Marbred — modifications to the enchanted item icons.
- Dracandros’ Voice by Dracandros
- New Seyda Neen v 1.6 (New Cities Project) by Trancemaster
- Predator: Hunters and Prey by BeanspanX
- Dracandros’ Voice by Dracandros
- Magic Icon Border (icon replacer) by Marbred
- Town Ceremonial Armor by ChiZ (Anvil armor shown above)
- Bank of Cyrodiil by Zarkis
- Capes and Cloak by Someone1074
- PJs Disco Spell by pjyelton4476
- RedBag – Imperial City Pack by RedBag
- The Temple of Nirn – Prize Collection UPDATED by Antenni
Congrats to the modders are their fine work!
The NFL added some greats to their Hall of Fame this weekend. Today we honor the Planet Elder Scrolls’ Hall of Fame mods for July.
- Nicos Dreadweave Bow and Arrows by Nicoroshi: A bow and arrow to match the Dreadweave armor.
- Portable Campsite by Dark Monk: For the second straight month, we’ve got a cool camping mod.
- PJ’s Spell Compendium by pjyelton4476: Adds over 50 news spells; find them in the Market District.
- Dave Humphrey’s Furniture Store by Dave Humphrey, Erstam: Ultimate home makeovers are possible with this mod that adds 400 furniture items.
Congrats to these modders (and Jerry Rice, too!).
Wanted to share a few promotions that are currently going on titles from Bethesda Game Studios…
Elsewhere, if you’re trying to save on Fallout 3 GOTY on PC — there’s notable deals at both Direct2Drive and Steam. Through Friday, D2D is selling the game at $24.95 (that’s half off). Meanwhile Steam has announced the Bethesda Pack –featuring Fallout 3: GOTY, Morrowind GOTY, and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe for a package price of $69.99 (that’s a total savings of $24.98).
As always, if we see any noteworthy deals, we’ll keep you in the know.
For one of our forum members, Eirik, Morrowind is a big deal for both himself and his family. As he explained in an email to Bethesda Blog, “It is not uncommon to find us discussing ‘What we did today in Vvardenfel’ at the dinner table every Sunday when we get together.” A fan of creating dioramas (check out his website), he’s actually created Morrowind characters by re-purposing 2-3 inch action figures.
After the break, you’ll find more Morrowind pieces — including mod-inspired characters.
- Cute Elves by acidoangel: Self explantory… this one adds cute elves.
- Ranger Armor and Light Daedric Armor by Dimitri Mazieres: Like the name indicates, adds some pretty sweet armors.
- New Merchants Items Mod by Deckard: Merchants of Cyrodiil are now selling various weapons and armors created by many of you.
- Legendary Mastery by Talkie Toaster: Skills and attributes continue to have an impact after reaching a level of 100.
- Silent Stones Camp & Cave by Trollf (shown above): Sharp looking “house” mod.
- Companion Sonia II by ThePriest909: Adds a new companion, Sonia, who has her own quest line.
Check out the Morrowind mods after the break…
Last month at Planet Elder Scrolls, four mods (three from Oblivion, one from Morrowind) were honored as Hall of Fame mods. Let’s take a look…
- Ancient Silver Armor by Blue Destiny: As you can see above, Blue Destiny has put together a pretty impressive armor set. Once you’ve downloaded this mod, head to Silver Tooth Cave to find it.
- JM’s Bar Fights V.2.2 by JM Scion: “Watch where you’re swinging that bottle!” Yup, this mod does exactly what you think it would. Awesome!
- Gorier Blood by dDefinder : And yes, this one is pretty self explantory, too.
- The Swords of Morrowind Restored by Vlix: An assortment of powerful weapons created by Max Edwin.
Congrats to all these modders for their fine contributions to the community.