In my last post for Community Scrapbook update, we asked you guys to grab screenshots of the homes you’ve created (or at least touched up). I received plenty of great submissions, and I thought I’d share some of our favorites. Above is Burger Boy by eldiabs.
Great work by everyone. If you’ve got ideas for what the next Community Scrapbook should be, post in the comments section, or hit us up at email@example.com
Hit the jump below to see more submissions.
At Planet Elder Scrolls they’ve announced their April Hall of Fame mods for Oblivion and Morrowind. Here’s a look:
- Ranger Tent – Carry-able Home by dongle: Adds a tent that you can take with you and pitch wherever you please.
- Silverware Weapons by Jellie _beenz: This mod replaces all stock Oblivion and Shivering Isles forks, knives, rakes, and hoes with usable versions. It also replaces all hand scythes, shovels, small brooms, farm brooms, pickaxes, dirty pickaxes, large bones(ones that look like thigh bones), calipers, and shears in leveled lists. No word if there will be sporks in an update.
- Chingari and Ismelda Demon Race _ EC – UFF -Bab support by Chingari and Ismelda: Adds a demon race and 5 new eye sets to the game. Get all the details here.
- RealSwords – Orc by waalx: The Orc module features an assortment of sabers, cleavers and swords that can be wielded by any races — with special incentives for Orcs.
Congrats to these modders on their hard work.
After our last Community Scrapbook, I received a number of emails suggesting that we do one centering around the homes you’ve created for your characters in our games — so let’s run with that. Above (Wolverine House — Morrowind) is an example created by BGS moderator (and active modder) Princess Stomper.
Whether it’s Morrowind or Oblivion or Fallout 3, email us your favorite screenshots of your favorite living quarters — whether they’re creations you’ve made or just a look at how you spruced things up in existing homes.
This week’s modding interview features Barney Blankenship (known in the forums as MentalElf). Barney is a retired software engineer living out in Kauai. He’s also a big fan of Chihuahuas.
How did you first get involved in the Bethesda modding community?
I wanted to become a graphic artist, so I purchased a student license copy of 3DS Max. It occurred to me Morrowind was the best game at the time, having just earned Game of the Year award, so I began learning about modding and playing Morrowind. I soon found the Elder Scrolls forums and how indispensible the community is. I soon got involved with the Children of the Night III (CON3) Morrowind project, and learned about modding as part of a team.
In celebration of the arrival of April, the wackiness of April Fool’s Day, and the upcoming 3rd anniversary of the release of Horse Armor (Friday, April 3), we are pleased to announce that for the next week all Oblivion DLC for Xbox 360 is half price, except for Horse Armor, which is twice as much as usual. So if you’ve been waiting for just the right moment to get The Vile Lair, or Knights of the Nine, or Shivering Isles, now is the time.
As always you can get your DLC on Xbox Live or through the marketplace on Xbox.com.
Moving on to other news, nominees for the ELAN Awards have been announced with Fallout 3 receiving nods in the following categories: Videogame of the Year, Best Console Game, Best PC Game, Best Sound in a Videogame Production, Best Art Direction, Best Game Design, and Outstanding Technical Direction.
At PSDTUTS, both Fallout 3 and Oblivion were included in a list of the Top 40 Video Game Covers of All Time.
Finally, Canadian site Game Focus has a new interview with Pete that went up today. Here’s a snippet:
What mistakes and triumphs did Bethesda learned from Oblivion that helped you with Fallout 3?
A lot of it was learning about the big, open-ended experience. What kinds of things did people like or not like? How do we do that better, and different, in the Fallout universe. Technically we learned a lot about how to make the game run better on all these platforms, but much of it comes from the player experience and what they can do, and see, from moment to moment. I’m sure we’ll learn a lot from Fallout 3 we can put into our next project.
That’s all for now. Enjoy what’s left of your weekend.
Plenty of links to share today.
We begin with news on The Pitt. On Friday, you’ll have your first chance to see The Pitt trailer on Gametrailers TV. The show airs Friday night at 1am (or technically, 1am Saturday morning) on Spike. I hope that’s not too confusing — especially with Daylight Savings last week.
Elsewhere on GameTrailers site, you can check out Geoff Keighley’s interview with Todd Howard from this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit. You won’t have to do too much searching, Geoff’s interview with Todd starts within the first minute of the video.
More news after the break…
The most recent newsletter for ORE (that’s Oblivion Real Estate) has been released and there’s plenty of great information. There’s a feature on TES Alliance (a group that works to strengthen the Elder Scrolls modding community) written by DarkRider, an interview with Korana (who was interviewed here on the blog awhile back), and the announcement of a new site, Fallout Real Estate (or FORE). Above are two screens from one of the first featured homes on Fallout Real Estate, Princess Megaton Home Expansion by Princess Stomper.
To read about these and more, check out the ORE newsletter here.
The latest Elder Scrolls mods to make the Hall of Fame at Planet Elder Scrolls have been announced. Here’s the mods from Morrowind and Oblivion that were honored in February.
- Wayshrines in the University by Rauko Ohtar: This mod adds nine Wayshrines to Arcane University’s garden.
- FCOM: Convergence by dev_akm and TeamFCOM: One of the more popular mods out there, this mod allows you to run Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul, Martigen’s Monster Mod, Oblivion WarCry, and Francesco’s Leveled Creatures-Items together.
- Custom Race Fix by KyneTarse: According to the author, this mod adds “catch-all” dialogue to the prisoner at the beginning of the game. This dialogue will trigger the beginning of the game for any non-default race.
- Weapon Sheaths Ultimate by PeterNL: Wish your weapons all had a sheath. Good news, this mod adds them!