This week’s PlayStation Store update has gone live and The Knife of Dunwall is now available for PlayStation 3 users in both Europe and North America.
In preparation for the release of Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall, this week we’re rolling out our 1.3 title update for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
So what’s in the update? Check the changelog below…
Dishonored Steam Update (v. 1.3) – Changes are for all platforms unless noted otherwise.
- Adds support for Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Bug Fixes (Dunwall City Trials)
- Fixes a bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where live grenade remains in player’s hand when restarting match.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where restarting match while cooking grenade causes disabled left hand.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where you can fall down into The Void.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where being killed by player killed by Warfare Overseers will restart challenge with lowered health.
- Fixes a bug in both the Back Alley Brawl and Bend Time Massacre challenges where a Headshot bonus is not awarded if an NPC dies after Bend Time II effects end.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where Explosive Pistol does not count as an explosive kill.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where achieving the Power Combo bonus using Blink is awarding 2 kills.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where you are unable to possess Nobles after firing gun through glass.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where restarting as the Bend Time effect ends causes the round to complete with zero score and a black screen.
- Fixes a rare bug where you can inadvertently receive the Time Management achievement/trophy after failing to get the bonus.
- Fixes a rare crash in Bend Time Massacre challenge during Waiting For Effects sequence.
- Fixes a bug in Oil Drop challenge where aim assist does not work on PC.
- Fixes a bug where file integrity check requires a game restart at Dunwall City Trials first boot on PC.
- Fixes a bug in Thief (Expert) challenge where key inventory is not reset when restarting from completion.
- Fixes a bug on PC where game displays keyboard and controller art together.
- Fixes a rare bug in Kill Chain challenge where countdown timer will stop after killing some enemies.
Bug Fixes (Dishonored)
- Fixes a bug on where you receive a kill in Player/Mission stats if sliding into Slackjaw after freeing him.
- Fixes a bug where City Watch does not leave attack posture when rewiring an arc pylon.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer Backyard where player could get stuck on chain.
- Fixes a collision issue when Corvo drowns.
- Fixes a bug where navigation in Piero’s shop was difficult when only one weapon upgrade remains.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer mission where loading autosave created after actioning poison causes Campbell & Curnow to run.
- Fixes Player/Mission Stats bugs.
- Fixes a bug in Lighthouse where patrols are broken and there’s no sound after reloading a savegame in low chaos.
- Fixes a bug where Specter Achievement does not activate upon completing requirements in Brothel.
- Fixes a UI bug where turning off Health/Mana gauge show gauges when powers are used via hotkey.
- Fixes a rare crash when signing out of your profile (Xbox 360)
- Fixes a rare bug where installation in Czech doesn’t work if the previous language was Polish (Playstation 3)
- Fixes a rare crash when rewiring a Watch Tower and taking a possessed rat into line of fire (PlayStation 3)
Those that have played Dishonored vividly can recall the actions of Daud – the legendary assassin that puts the game’s plot into motion. Beginning April 16th, you’ll return to this fateful moment and play the role of Daud in the story-driven add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Features of the new DLC include:
New Powers, Weapons and Gadgets — The mark of the Outsider empowers you with unique supernatural abilities. Call upon the Whalers to assist in combat with ‘Summon Assassin’, track down hidden Runes and Bone Charms with ‘Void Gaze’ and learn to use new variations to powers, including ‘Blink’. To aid in your dangerous exploits your customized arsenal of weapons and gadgets will include Chokedust to daze your enemies, whale oil powered Stun Mines to shock your targets, and a concealed Wristbow to launch sleep darts and explosive bolts.
Explore More of Dunwall –Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers. Revisit the decaying Flooded District, the location of Daud’s hidden base, first seen in the original game. Return to the scenes of key events in Dishonored with a new perspective, including the fateful moment that sets off Corvo’s journey.
Choose Your Path — On your search for answers, approach each mission with your own style. Your redemption – or your turn towards darkness – depends on your skills and the decisions you make. Discover the mystery behind Delilah in this stand-alone chapter, and then conclude Daud’s story in the upcoming final add-on, The Brigmore Witches.
The Knife of Dunwall will be available on April 16th on PlayStation 3 and Steam ($9.99), as well as on Xbox 360 for 800 Microsoft points. Stay tuned for new information on the content.
Update: Dawnguard is now available on the North American and Europe PlayStation Stores. Download here.
Vampire Lord or Vampire Hunter? North American PlayStation 3 players will make the ultimate choice, Dawnguard is now available on PSN. And like our PS3 releases for Dragonborn and Hearthfire, the content will be 50% off ($9.99) for the first week of release.
Other important PlayStation Store updates to note this week:
- Also arriving today, French versions of Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard will be released for Canada, as well as Spanish versions in Latin American markets.
- Tomorrow afternoon, the French, Italian, German, and Spanish markets will get the three remaining add-ons in their respective languages, as well as English.
Update: Hearthfire is now available PS3 to users in North America and European territories.
The English version of Hearthfire will be available for download on PSN later today in North America and will be available in English language European territories tomorrow. Like Dragonborn last week, it will be available for 50% off for one week.
Looking ahead to next week, we’re set to release the English version of Dawnguard for 50% off next week. Additionally we’ll be releasing Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard to French, Italian, German, and Spanish territories on Wednesday, February 27th. In preparation for release, we are releasing the 1.8 title update for these territories later today.
We’re pleased to announce that the English version of Dragonborn is now available to PS3 users in North America and European territories. It can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store for 50% off ($9.99/£6.49) this week. We’re still awaiting release dates for France, Germany, Spain and Italy. A release date for those territories will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Have a great time in Solstheim.
Updated: Wait is over! If you visit PSN and search “Skyrim” you’ll be able to find Dragonborn!
As you wait for the North American PlayStation Store update, here’s some fun links to check out from around the web.
- Pixar animator Austin Madison recaps this year’s NFL season with some hilarious drawings that tie-in pop culture. We all got a kick out of the Vikings-Rams imagery posted above.
- AnimBowz popular Dovahbear video has inspired an in-game Skyrim mod.
- Kotaku shares a Skyrim performance by the legendary creator of Chocolate Rain.
- The popular Christopher Walkenthrough Machinima series explores the Super Skyrim Bros. mod.
- PC Gamer previews Enderal: The Shards of Order — a total conversion mod from the makers of Nehrim.
And in quick Dishonored news, the 2012 BAFTA Award nominees were announced earlier today and we’re pleased to share news that Dishonored received three nominations: Best Game Design, Best Story, and Best Game. Read the full nominee list at Guardian UK. Congrats to the team at Arkane Studios!
And now back to the countdown…
In preparation for tomorrow’s North American release of Dragonborn on PlayStation Store, the English 1.8 title update (listed as 1.08 in the US and 2.08 in Europe) has been deployed.
Insert your Skyrim game disc to begin downloading the update. Release notes below:
Skyrim Update 1.8
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
Update (2/19): We’re happy to announce that Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn will be releasing in FIGS territories next Tuesday, February 27th.
Update (2/4): We now have European release dates for the English versions of Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard. They are:
- Dragonborn releases Wednesday, February 13
- Regular Price: £12.99, € 16.99, AUS $24.95; First Week Pricing: £6.49, € 7.99, AUS $11.75
- Hearthfire releases Wednesday, February 20
- Regular Price: £3.99, € 4.99, AUS $7.35; First Week Pricing: £1.99, € 2.49, AUS $3.65
- Dawnguard releases Wednesday, February 27
- Regular Price: £12.99, € 16.99, AUS $24.95; First Week Pricing: £6.49, € 7.99, AUS $11.75
For folks with the French, Italian, German, or Spanish release of the game, we continue to work with Sony to finalize these dates. All three titles are with Sony certification and we anticipate their release by the end of the month. We will confirm dates as soon as we can.
Original Post: Let the official countdown to Dragonborn, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire on PS3 begin.
This week Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and the 1.8 title update have all cleared certification with SCEA. As we speak, we’re working with Sony Europe to finalize certification for other territories.
What does this mean? It means we now have the official release dates for Skyrim add on content in North America. They are:
- Dragonborn releases Tuesday, February, 12
- Hearthfire releases Tuesday, February, 19
- Dawnguard releases Tuesday, February, 26
Don’t forget: all three add-ons will be marked down to 50% during their first week of release. As soon as we have final dates for Europe, we will post an update here. Stay tuned.