Announced earlier today on the PlayStation Blog, both Dishonored and DOOM 3 BFG Edition will be available for purchase on PSN on the same day they’re available in stores.
Dishonored will be available in North America on October 9, 2012, while DOOM 3 BFG Edition arrives in North America on October 16th.
For more details, visit the PlayStation Blog.
Ready yourself for the adventures awaiting Corvo in Dunwall with the new Dishonored Dynamic Theme — planned for release this week on the PlayStation Store for $2.99.
For more on what PS3 players can expect out of Dishonored, check out the PlayStation Blog’s recent PAX interview with co-creative director Raphael Colantonio.
Update 8/28: The 1.7 title update (1.06 when you download it) is now available for European PlayStation 3 players.
Earlier today Skyrim’s 1.7 update deployed on PlayStation 3 (North America) and Xbox LIVE (worldwide). Once we have news on the availability for PS3 players in Europe, we’ll share details here on the blog.
What’s in the title update? The PS3 update (labeled as 1.06 when you download it) provides the 1.6 title update features (including Mounted Combat), as as well the newest bug fixes introduced with 1.7.
Release notes below:
Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified)
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.