Like what you see? You can download the mod at Skyrim Nexus.
To help PC players get the most out of Skyrim, last month we shared info on NVIDIA’s official tweak guide. If you missed the guide or were overwhelmed by its massiveness, you won’t want to miss NVIDIA’s livestream event taking place tomorrow.
During the stream, NVIDIA’s Kris Rey and Andrew Coonrad will discuss the guide’s ins and outs. They’ll also be joined by two special guests from the Skyrim modding community — Martigen (Martigen’s Mutant Mod & Martigen’s Monster Mod) and Skyrim Nexus’ founder and operator, DarkOne.
Catch all the fun tomorrow (January 10th) on NVIDIA’s Twitch TV channel. The stream begins at 11 AM PST.
The finalists for the 12th annual Game Developers Choice Awards were announced today — with Skyrim receiving nominations in five categories: Game of the Year, Best Game Design, Best Technology, Best Audio, and Best Visual Arts. Bethesda Game Studios previously was nominated for Best Game for Oblivion in 2006 and won Game of the Year Award for Fallout 3 (shown above) in 2009.
This year’s winners will be announced during the Game Developers Conference on Wednesday, March 7th.
In other award news, Skyrim has recently received the following accolades:
- Kotaku — Winner of the First Annual Kotaku Community Game of the Year Award!
- Joystiq — #1 Game of 2011
- 1Up – Favorite Game of 2011 (Editor’s Choice)
- Team Xbox — Game of the Year
- Giant Bomb — #1 Game of the Year
- GameTrailers — Best Soundtrack
- USA Today Game Hunters — #1 Game of the Year
- Yahoo! — Best Role-Playing Game
- Gaming Union — Best Developer
- Electric Playground — Best Role-Playing Game
- Split Screen — Game of the Year
Hope everyone is having a great holiday. Wanted to share this violin (and drum) cover of Jeremy Soule’s music from Skyrim — performed by Jason Yang.
Here’s one last roundup before the holidays.
- Check out holiday-inspired Skyrim mods at GameSpy
- As proven by a new feature at UGO, throwing in-game items down the side of a mountain never gets old.
- To help celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, modder Handski has created a Link-inspired Skyrim mod. See it at Kotaku
- Todd Howard talks with Morgan and Adam from X-Play. Watch the interview at G4TV.com.
- IGN has named Skyrim their Game of the Year and RPG of the Year on PC and Xbox 360. Elsewhere, the game has received top honors from USA Today, 1Up, Destructoid (Readers’ Choice), The New York Daily News, Game Revolution, Gamespot, Wired, Planet Xbox 360, UGO, RipTen, Ars Technica, 411 Mania, and GamingBolt.
Congratulations to Adam Carini (shown above) on winning UGO/IGN’s Are You Dragonborn” contest! As the grand prize winner, Adam will receive a trip to QuakeCon, a limited edition Skyrim map signed by the team at Bethesda Game Studios, a limited edition Skyrim Xbox 360, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition. He also gets a free pass to wield a tinfoil battle axe for the rest of his life.
There were plenty of other great entries. In the slideshow below, check out the runners up below…
Exciting news from Prima. Due to unprecedented demand, they have — for the first time ever — printed a Second Edition of a Collector’s Edition Game Guide.
The Skyrim CE guide has all of the original CE guide’s features: hardback cover, two bookmark ribbons, and free access to the Interactive World Map. Oh, and they even corrected a few spelling errors.
The Second Edition of the CE guide is available today for $39.99 (US) and $46.99 (CAN). Look for it wherever strat guides and games are sold.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Prima Official Game Guide Collector’s Edition is available at select retailers in North America. Below is a list of retailers distributing this guide (availability may vary)…
Barnes & Noble
Books A Million
Here’s a cool idea from UGO. They’ve put together a Character Card creator that you can share with your friends that are playing the game. All you have to do is upload a screenshot of your character.
For more details, head here.
The picture above features members of Bethesda meeting with X-Play after learning Skyrim won their 2011 Game of the Year Award. Congrats to Todd Howard and his team on this award! In addition to X-Play, Skyrim has recently received GOTY honors from Machinima (watch the video), Jeux Video (who awarded RAGE Best Shooter), Gaming Bolt, Planet Xbox 360, The Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy, MMGN, Kotaku AU and Official Xbox Magazine.
In other news, check out these stories…
- Xbox 360 Achievements has a mega Bethesda swag pack featuring Elder Scrolls, RAGE, and Fallout swag.
- French site Jeux Video has ranked Skyrim the #1 RPG of all-time – with Fallout 3 (#40), Daggerfall (#23), Oblivion (#11), Morrowind (#4) and Arkane’s Arx Fatalis #6.
- G4TV shares a hilarious Thundercats-inspired mod
- Todd Howard briefly discusses DLC plans with Joystiq
- Popular GTA IV modder Hayssam Keilany gives a first look at his killer mod project for Skyrim
- IGN and Destructoid announce their year-end award nominees
- TIME and Slant include Skyrim in their Top 10 games of the year
- You can vote for Todd Howard as Industry Gamers’ person of the year. Vote here
- At The Escapist, listen to Miracle of Sound’s Sovngarde Song
- Arnold is back in a new Skyrim mod shown at GameSpy
Annnd my personal favorite story of the week: how one fan made a Skyrim mask out of bacon.
It doesn’t get any better than that!