Check out the newest screenshots for RAGE, Skyrim, and Prey 2.
When E3 attendees visit our booth and enter our Skyrim theater, they’re first greeted by a life-sized Elder Scroll. Created by the fine folks at WETA (Lord of the Rings), we look forward to proudly displaying this at our office.
Enjoy more shots from our Flickr page
Updated: New pics added from Day 1 of E3
E3’s doors are officially open! Before I head into the madness, I thought I’d share some pics we uploaded to our Flickr page.
What’s in the box?? We’ll post more pics from the booth later.
I’ll let Todd do the talking… here’s your first chance to check out gameplay for Skyrim (filmed earlier today on Gametrailers). Let us know what you think.
Watch as painters create the massive Dovahkiin ad at LA’s Figueroa Hotel — just blocks from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
As it’s been about a month since we announced our Skyrim fan interview, we wanted to give a quick status update. Todd and other members of BGS are working through the selected questions, and we expect to share answers soon after E3. For your patience, today we’re releasing a new wallpaper (above) and two new screenshots on The Elder Council.
In the meantime, you can expect to see and hear plenty on the game at next week’s big show. For starters, Todd Howard will be showing the game at the following:
- GameTrailers.com – In the hour following Microsoft’s Monday press conference
- IGN Live Show – Wednesday at 5:00 pm PST
- G4TV – Tuesday at 1 pm PST on their E3 2011 LIVE Show
Elder Scrolls fans can expect new Skyrim information in the July issue of PlayStation The Official Magazine. The issue is already going out to subscribers and you can look for it on newsstands beginning June 7th. Until then, Dovahkiin challenges you to a staring contest. Ready…. go!
There’s plenty of pre-E3 talk for Prey 2, Skyrim, and RAGE at the following sites:
- CVG includes Skyrim, RAGE, and Prey 2 amongst their most anticipated games of the show. You can also vote for your most anticipated titles here.
- GameTrailers.com puts Skyrim as their #2 most anticipated of E3.
- Wired, Inc Gamers and IGN look forward to seeing Prey 2 at E3.
- Attack of the Fanboy, VG Chartz and GamerLive.TV place Skyrim amongst their most anticipated of E3.
- GameTrailers’ Bonus Round pre-E3 panel discuss both Skyrim and RAGE (jump to the fourth segment).
- IGN look ahead to seeing RAGE again at E3. Last year it took their Best Overall Game award.
While it’s been a few weeks since Brink’s release, but there’s plenty of cool stuff to share:
- Watch an impressive speed run (above) of the 3-star Parkour challenge. Can you beat 18 seconds?!?
- New reviews for Brink are up at Geek.com, GameStooge, G4TV (PC), and The Escapist.
- MTV Multiplayer has a pop-quiz interview with creative director Richard Ham.
- BitMob tours Splash Damage HQ.
- Check out the awesome fan art you posted at Rampaged Reality.
Additional news for RAGE, Prey 2, Skyrim, Honest Hearts, and more after the break…
Today, we talk with Brett Douville, who leads our systems group in the programming department.
What’s your job at Bethesda?
I’m the lead programmer of the systems group, which writes and maintains a lot of code that underlies the games we make. Some of the subsystems for which we’re responsible are resource loading and management, audio, animation, physics, scripting, and pathing, although there are tons of bits that fall under our purview. We’re also responsible for a fair amount of team infrastructure work, such as our exporters, platform-specific resource converters, nightly and continuous build systems, automated crash reporting, and no doubt other things that don’t leap immediately to mind. We cover a lot of ground, and it’s hard to remember it all.
If the team as a whole is a body, I guess we’re like the circulatory system. We keep everything moving around, hopefully bringing oxygen and caffeine everywhere we go, and we’re almost certainly the first to know if there’s blood and guts everywhere.
Counting down the minutes until Brink’s launch, I thought I’d share some of the latest news for Brink and our other titles.
- Xbox’s Major Nelson interviews game director Paul Wedgwood in his latest podcast
- Art Director Olivier Leonardi talks about Bringing Brink to Life in an interview with IGN
- Co-Optimus puts together one last preview before launch
- 1Up features Brink in a look at 2011 shooters
- IGN previews Brink’s maps with Dave ‘Dusty’ Johnson
- Creative Director Richard Ham shares tips with Gamespot on How Not To Die in Brink and provides a new community interview to Frag World
- Art Director Olivier Leonardi talks with New Zealand’s Game Planet
- Entertainment Weekly looks ahead to both Brink and Hunted
- Learn about the man behind Brink’s sound design, Chris Sweetman, in new interviews at Gamespot and Games.On.Net
- MSNBC and VG247 talk Brink with Paul Wedgwood
- Read the latest preview at Planet Xbox 360
- Don’t try this at home! Parkour expert Daniel Ilabaca goes head-to-head against Brink.
Get news on RAGE, Prey 2, and Skyrim after the break.