Clear your calendars and ready your passport for a trip to Tamriel. June 9 is right around the corner, marking Xbox One and PlayStation 4 owners’ first opportunity to explore the vast, epic, continent-spanning, positively enormous world of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. As a massively multiplayer role-playing game, ESOTU is something of a rare beast on consoles. So for you newcomers and MMO-curious, here are seven things you need to know about the console version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
With just two weeks to go until The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited hits consoles, you can now make your digital pre-order for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Xbox One – Pre-Order the Regular Edition / Pre-Order the Digital Collector’s Edition
- PlayStation 4 — Pre-Order the Regular Edition / Pre-Order the Digital Collector’s Edition
Prepare for Your Voyage with the Explorer’s Pack
Tamriel is a huge place, packed with people to meet, places to go – and enemies to slay. Why not get a headstart with the Explorer’s Pack, a special bonus for anyone who pre-orders the game. With the Explorer’s Pack you get the following:
- All races playable in any alliance. Maybe you fancy being an Orc but want to fight alongside the Ebonheart Pact. Or perhaps you want your Nord to join up with the Aldmeri Dominion. In ESOTU, each faction is composed of three unique races. With the Explorer’s pack, you can pick any of the nine total races and align with any of the three factions, giving you even greater freedom to play the game however you like!
- A precious pet. Fondly known as Warty, the Scuttler is a vanity pet you can only get through the Explorer’s Pack. Be the envy of your friends when you show up with this scaly rapscallion scampering around your heels! (Don’t worry, you can change Warty’s name.)
- Treasure maps. Everyone likes loot. Get a leg up with a collection of maps that’ll lead you to hidden chests stuffed with treasure.
Between now and June 9th, stay tuned for new updates on Tamriel Unlimited here on the blog, at ElderScrollsOnline.com, and through the game’s official social media accounts.
In the second installment of our This is The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited video series, we explore the variety of activities you can enjoy with friends in ESOTU. From the Alliance War in Cyrodiil to Trials and dungeons to World Bosses and beyond, fun and adventure are always right around the corner when you team up with allies. Watch the video to learn more!
Nice work by the creative folks at ZeniMax Online Studios for pulling together this screenshot within ESO: Tamriel Unlimited!
Been away from Tamriel for awhile? Now’s a great time to jump back into the action of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
Beginning today at 10:00 AM EDT and running through Monday, April 20th at 10:00 AM EDT, we’re hosting a “Welcome Back Weekend” for beta participants that haven’t yet purchased ESO. The free weekend includes all the major updates to the game introduced before and with the launch of Tamriel Unlimited, including no longer requiring a monthly subscription.
What else is new in the ESO community? Check out highlights below…
- Learn how your fan art could score you a Wacom Intuos Medium Tablet or and plenty of other amazing ESO prizes in the Collectible Creatures Fan Art Contest. Full details here.
- The ESO team has archived their 15th episode of ESO Live. Follow the channel on Twitch and catch up on all the archived episodes on YouTube.
- Having recently celebrated the game’s first year, members of ZeniMax Online Studios have reflected on their favorite memories of Year One. Devs include Game Director Matt Firor, Creative Director Paul Sage, and Art Director Jared Carr.
Not on PC/Mac? We’ll be sharing more details on the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 release — coming June 9th — in the near future.
Hard to believe how fast times goes by, but today marks the first birthday for The Elder Scrolls Online!
The game has seen many improvements through regular updates and the introduction of Tamriel Unlimited, but one thing hasn’t changed: the amazing support from the game’s community. A shining example comes on the game’s first birthday — a touching community tribute put together by community member Elloa.
To the entire ZOS team and ESO fanbase, congrats on an amazing first year!
With this week’s release of Tamriel Unlimited on PC/Mac, here’s a quick reminder of some desk-side companions for your journeys.
Up first, we have an all-new plush Bull Netch. We know, it’s not made from 100% Netch leather, but we thought the adjustable tentacles would make up for it.
Additionally, we wanted to provide a reminder of upcoming books you’ll want to check out during gameplay breaks. You can pre-purchase both The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel, Vol. 1 – The Land and The Skyrim Library, Vol. 1: The Histories — arriving in April and June, respectively.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited — coming June 9th to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 — has arrived for PC and Mac! Featuring the entire original game and all six major content updates since launch – including the new Justice and Champion Systems – there’s never been a better time to play The Elder Scrolls with your friends. Rally your most trusted allies, take up your sword, and get ready to experience everything Tamriel has to offer with no restrictions!
If you previously purchased ESO, your characters are ready to continue the adventure right now—all you have to do is run the launcher to patch up and get back in the game. And if you’re currently subscribed, you’ve automatically become a member of ESO Plus, our new premium membership! As a member, you’re going to get some great in-game bonuses (like additional experience gain) and a monthly allotment of crowns—virtual currency you can spend in the new Crown Store on great cosmetic and convenience items.
New players only need to make the one-time purchase of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited to get into the action. Whether you plan to quest alone, explore with your friends, or join massive siege battles in the Alliance War, now is the perfect time to join us in Tamriel.
Visit ElderScrollsOnline.com to learn more about the update, including:
- An introductory guide to the Justice System
- A new primer on how Champion Points work
- Additional changes and improvements to ESO in the full Update 6 Patch Notes
Loyalty Rewards are like in-game Valentines!
The road to Tamriel Unlimited on PC (March 17th) and consoles (June 9th on Xbox One and PlayStation 4) gets closer and closer, and this week game director Matt Firor has shared the latest edition of ESO’s The Road Ahead. This time around, Firor outlines the latest loyalty rewards for the game and also answers questions specific to Tamriel Unlimited, including: console transfers, ESO Plus, and the philosophy behind the game’s upcoming crown store.
What else is happening in Tamriel? Here’s a look back at highlights from elderscrollsonline.com in the past week.
- Get the very best info from ESO’s fansites in the latest edition of The Tamriel Town Crier.
- Update 6 brings new light, medium, and heavy armor for Orc and Redguard players. Take a first look here.
- Hungry (like the wolf) for a new guild interview? Look no further than the newest Guild Spotlight focusing on The Westwind Claws.
Finally, tune in today at 4 pm est for the newest episode of ESO Live. Follow the channel at Twitch.TV/ZeniMaxOnlineStudios to watch exclusive interview, win prizes, and much more! Feel the love in the embed below…