Watch the newest ESO video to learn more about how your character will grow as you adventure through Tamriel.
Explore elderscrollsonline.com’s new website feature to discover more about the world of The Elder Scrolls Online and see new screenshots from each region.
At elderscrollsonline.com, learn more about campaigns, lockpicking, and more in the newest ‘Ask Us Anything’.
Here’s a snippet…
When you are picking a lock, will another player be able to kill you while you’re trying to open it? – Brenden Warren
Tamriel is a dangerous place. If you let your guard down while you focus on lockpicking, you might get attacked. Enemy NPCs might do this anywhere in the world, and hostile players will love the opportunity to surprise you in Cyrodiil. But then again, you never know what loot might be in that chest … maybe it’s worth bringing a friend to watch your back
It’s getting to be the time of year where everyone focuses on what titles are coming out around the holiday season. PC Gamer (US) has placed The Elder Scrolls Online on the front of their Holiday 2013 issue! In addition to gracing the cover, PC Gamer has a nine-screenshot filled pages article going into detailing their exploration of the Khajiit homeland, Elsweyr.
Be sure to grab yourself a copy on newsstands now!
Thumbing through PC Gamer, I read about PC Gamer contributor Andy Kelly’s video series “Other Places.” The video series focuses on the visual eye candy of various game worlds. Among the world’s already featured are Dishonored’s Dunwall and various areas from Skyrim. Definitely worth checking out both videos which are embedded in this post.
Elsewhere on the web, we recommend checking out these links.
- Metro UK talks about The Evil Within and getting the right balance when implementing action into a survival-horror game.
- Both The Elder Scrolls Online and Wolfenstein: The New Order are included in Gameranx look at the Best PC Games of 2014.
- Watch Gamespot’s newest episode of Skyrim Mods.
- In time for Halloween last week, GameFront took a look back at DOOM in two parts. In part 1, they reflect on the game’s impact after 20 years, while part 2 highlights 23 memorable mods made by the community.
- On the subject of DOOM, we spotted perhaps the finest game-related tattoo of all time on Tumblr user Saguzar’s page. For more proof that is awesome 20 years later, check out the tat below.
How many hairstyles does the character creator have for each race? What hair and eye colors are currently available? – Jeff Glover
There are currently 24 hairstyle choices per gender in the character creation system. Some of these choices are shared between races, but each race has some unique hairstyle options. Hair color and eye color are also specific to each race and align with established lore. For example, Wood Elves have an option for black eyes that is not available to any other race.
In time for Halloween week, get a sneak peek at werewolves in the latest ‘Creating ESO’ feature at elderscrollsonline.com.
Read answers to ESO questions sent in from TESO Junkies and Tamriel Foundry at elderscrollsonline.com. Here’s a snippet of this week’s feature:
How do you intend to make each Alliance War campaign feel persistent? Will campaigns last forever, or will they change from time to time, and will the enemies rotate?
Campaigns last for three months at a time, so you’ll find yourself running into familiar faces during them. Also note that you won’t get rotated out or switched to other campaigns unless you choose to; you’ll be able to stay in the same campaign for the entire time your character exists if you want! When a campaign ends, the only things that reset are its leaderboards and the score. Keeps, Scroll ownership, emperor status, and where you are in the world don’t get reset. It gives a great sense of persistence when only the scoring mechanics “reset.”
Watch our new Elder Scrolls Online video to get a taste of the diverse customization options you’ll have at your fingertips in the game.
Even though creating your character is just the first step on your adventure, it’s an important one. We want to give you the tools you need to realize the hero you’re already envisioning, and we’re excited to give you a peek at some of the options you’ll use to create the character you want to play in ESO. Take a look at our new video and share your thoughts on The Elder Scrolls Online Facebook page.
The Elder Scrolls Online got off to a great start this week by headlining the new PlayStation 4 trailer. Here are some other exciting things you may have missed!
- While we’re talking about ESO, the new Tamriel Chronicle – Issue 29 is now available
- Over on YouTube, ShoddyCast has the Elder Scrolls Online Weekly Interview with Gameplay Designer, Nick Konkle
- RollingStone.com named the music of Skyrim as Number 2 on their list of “Nine Legitimately Awesome Video Game Soundtracks“
- On DeviantArt, Scharnvirk built a Spiderdemon from DOOM in Lego form