Today we’ve released the first post-release title update for Dishonored. The update is up for PC, PS3, and 360 players.
Release notes below:
- Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
- Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
- Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
- Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
- Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
- Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
- Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
- Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)
Many of you have already noticed that Microsoft has re-hosted Broken Steel on Games for Windows LIVE. For more details on downloading and using Games for Windows LIVE, head here.
To access the DLC (Games for Windows and Xbox 360), make sure you have the Fallout 3’s latest title update, version 1.5. When connecting to LIVE, you’ll be prompted for the update. Alternatively, PC players can download it from our site.
Unlike the previous DLCs, The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage, Broken Steel’s questline requires the player to have completed the main quest before venturing on. If you haven’t reached the game’s end, you’ll still notice the game’s new achievements, level cap, perks, enemies, weapons, etc.
In other news, on Xbox 360, Microsoft has resolved issues users were reporting with new achievements not being reflected in their Gamerscores. Any achievements that you receive at this point should show up in your Gamerscore as well. If you’re still experiencing issues, you may need to recover your Gamertag. If you have further questions, contact Xbox customer support.
We thank you guys for being patient, and we hope you enjoy Broken Steel. To discuss the latest DLC, head to our official game forums.
Our next title update, 1.5, is now live on Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live. On Xbox 360, you will be prompted to update when you start up the game, while using your Xbox Live gamertag. For Games for Windows Live, you will also be prompted if using a Games for Windows Live gamertag, or just download and install from us.
Here are the title update details — this was primarily to support Broken Steel, easily our largest, most ambitious downloadable content, to date. This was a big one folks – both in terms of the title update and the downloadable content. In addition to all the new goodies for Broken Steel, we did fix some bugs as well. Don’t forget: Broken Steel goes live Tuesday, May 5th.
Update 1.5 Notes (PC and Xbox 360)
New achievements for Broken Steel
- Fixed issue with VATS calculations not appearing properly for perks (PC)
- Fixed crash related to altered references between master files
- LOD objects render properly when loaded from DLC worldspaces
- Fixed issue with companion NPCs not loading into cells immediately after player