Whether you’re playing The Evil Within on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation, you’ll notice a new title update based on community feedback.
The Evil Within – June 2015 Update
- Console players can now remove the cinematic letterbox and play the game in full screen mode.
- Casual difficulty has been rebalanced to be more forgiving to players with increased ammo amounts and adjustments to the game’s health bar.
The new update is live on all platforms — Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.
With The Evil Within’s first DLC releasing next week, you might notice a new title update deploying this week on Steam, PSN, Xbox LIVE. The update will ready the game for DLC compatibility and a detectives-to-be might notice the reveal of The Assignment’s trophies & achievements.
If you’d like to be a super sleuth like Juli Kidman, visit TheEvilWithin.com to complete The Assignment Completionist Guide for a free wallpaper.
And in case you missed it, The Assignment releases on Tuesday, March 10th on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 (Note: PlayStation players in Europe will be able to play on Wednesday, March 11th). For a first look at gameplay, follow Twitch.TV/Bethesda and tune in on Monday, March 9th at 4pm est.
Update: The latest Steam Update (1.03) for The Evil Within is now live. It features minor bug fixes and performance enhancements, including:
- Performance optimizations on Higher end GPU systems
- Fix for “The Power of Three” achievement unlocking incorrectly after upgrading the same weapon three times
- Count-based achievement progress persists when loading earlier saves for some trophies.
Original Post: If you boot up The Evil Within tonight on your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you’ll notice that a new title update for the game has been released. The 1 GB update covers minor bug fixes and optimizations.
In the latest edition of ESO’s monthly feature, “The Road Ahead”, Game Director Matt Firor first looks back at all the ways The Elder Scrolls Online has evolved since it’s April launch. With the help of the game’s amazing community feedback and efforts of ZeniMax Online Studios, the game continues to add new features, areas, and more that have improved the overall gameplay experience.
Of course, it wouldn’t be called “The Road Ahead” if Firor didn’t get into what’s coming next. With the article, he details what’s coming in Update 6. Both the Champion and Justice systems will have a huge impact on the game, and add long sought after features that will enhance the game. In the excerpt below, Firor gives more context to how the Justice System will change the game…
“To put this into perspective, the Justice System will include huge updates to the very fundamentals of the game. Townspeople will be considered neutral and be attackable, and many items that you could take freely before will be considered owned and must be stolen. There are fences who’ll buy stolen goods—if you can get past the guards while you have a bounty on your head. These are large changes to the game, and go hand-in-hand with our vision to add more freedom and sandbox-style elements to the world. It’s going to be a lot of fun, and we just need to make sure that we phase it in carefully to ensure the best experience for everyone.”
Visit www.elderscrollsonline.com to read the full feature, which also includes the latest information on the game’s arrival on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2015.
On the 15th anniversary of QUAKE III: Arena’s PC release, QUAKE LIVE unleashes nine new arenas, unlocked map rotations, new announcer VO, and much more. On top of in-game features, the game now unlocks its very own Steam trading cards. Get a preview of the art, created by John Mueller, in the imgur slideshow below.
Whether you are new to Quake Live or a veteran looking to extend your current subscription, now is the perfect time to buy — QUAKE LIVE is now offering 50% Off the annual Pro subscriptions
For full details on Update 22, visit www.quakelive.com.
Today we’ve released the first post-release title update for Dishonored. The update is up for PC, PS3, and 360 players.
Release notes below:
- Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
- Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
- Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
- Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
- Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
- Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
- Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
- Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)
Many of you have already noticed that Microsoft has re-hosted Broken Steel on Games for Windows LIVE. For more details on downloading and using Games for Windows LIVE, head here.
To access the DLC (Games for Windows and Xbox 360), make sure you have the Fallout 3’s latest title update, version 1.5. When connecting to LIVE, you’ll be prompted for the update. Alternatively, PC players can download it from our site.
Unlike the previous DLCs, The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage, Broken Steel’s questline requires the player to have completed the main quest before venturing on. If you haven’t reached the game’s end, you’ll still notice the game’s new achievements, level cap, perks, enemies, weapons, etc.
In other news, on Xbox 360, Microsoft has resolved issues users were reporting with new achievements not being reflected in their Gamerscores. Any achievements that you receive at this point should show up in your Gamerscore as well. If you’re still experiencing issues, you may need to recover your Gamertag. If you have further questions, contact Xbox customer support.
We thank you guys for being patient, and we hope you enjoy Broken Steel. To discuss the latest DLC, head to our official game forums.
Our next title update, 1.5, is now live on Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live. On Xbox 360, you will be prompted to update when you start up the game, while using your Xbox Live gamertag. For Games for Windows Live, you will also be prompted if using a Games for Windows Live gamertag, or just download and install from us.
Here are the title update details — this was primarily to support Broken Steel, easily our largest, most ambitious downloadable content, to date. This was a big one folks – both in terms of the title update and the downloadable content. In addition to all the new goodies for Broken Steel, we did fix some bugs as well. Don’t forget: Broken Steel goes live Tuesday, May 5th.
Update 1.5 Notes (PC and Xbox 360)
New achievements for Broken Steel
- Fixed issue with VATS calculations not appearing properly for perks (PC)
- Fixed crash related to altered references between master files
- LOD objects render properly when loaded from DLC worldspaces
- Fixed issue with companion NPCs not loading into cells immediately after player