Since announcing DOOM Beta pre-order incentive for Wolfenstein: The New Order, we’ve received plenty of questions on how the beta and redemption process will work. This week we have updated the Beta FAQ with new information.
We hope this answers many of your questions. And no, we’re not ready to talk about specifics on DOOM itself.
DOOM BETA FAQ – This information is subject to change without notice. Please check back for updates.
I’VE JUST PRE-ORDERED WOLFENSTEIN, WHERE’S MY DOOM BETA KEY?
A key code will be located on an insert that’s included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order when it releases on May 20th. Once the key code is redeemed, you’ll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information.
DO I NEED TO SPECIFY WHAT PLATFORM I WANT TO PLAY THE DOOM BETA?
No. DOOM beta access correlates to your pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order platform. If you purchase an Xbox 360 or Xbox One version of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will receive an invitation to the Xbox One DOOM beta. PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 purchasers will receive an invite to the PS4 DOOM beta. All PC purchases will receive an invite to the PC DOOM beta. The DOOM beta will only be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
IF I PRE-ORDER THE GAME DIGITALLY, WILL I STILL GET ACCESS TO THE DOOM BETA?
We are working with Steam, Microsoft, and Sony to help ensure that persons pre-ordering digitally from Steam, Microsoft, and Sony will receive access to the DOOM beta. Other digital retailers’ processes and/or participation may vary. We suggest contacting your preferred retailer directly for additional information.
Continue reading full article ›
Ahhh, the ‘60s. Groovy music. Out-of-this-world fashion. Don Draper. Wolfenstein.
In conjunction with iam8bit, we cordially invite PAX East attendees to celebrate Neumond Recordings’ inaugural Pop Muzik Showcase. On Saturday, April 12th (during PAX East), the party will take place from 6-10 pm at the Royale Boston – a short distance from PAX East convention center. Come by and pick up some awesome swag, grab food and drinks with friends, listen to live music from Neumond’s finest bands, and have a chance to play Wolfenstein: The New Order. Click on the invite above for more details.
While at PAX East, be sure to also check out the Bethesda PAX East Booth. The booth provides another chance to play Wolfenstein: The New Order, check out gameplay presentations for The Evil Within, and purchase the latest goods from the official Bethesda merchandise store. More details to come!
Remember the 60s? We conquered the world, we conquered the moon, and we conquered rock and roll!
Now, for the first time, Neumond Recordings presents Neumond Classics, a super-collection of all the biggest stars. So put on your favorite blue jeans and take a trip with us back in time to the 1960s.
For more on Neumond Recordings, visit www.neumondrecordings.com. Wolfenstein: The New Order releases May 20th and is available for pre-order at your favorite retailer!
What would the Wolfenstein trenches be without some memorabilia to remind you of your service? We’re pleased to announce the Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition. Limited to only 5,000 units, this collection arrives in a vintage footlocker-style trunk (measuring approximately 20″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″). Each trunk has an individually stamped number plate above the antiqued clasp. Inside, you’ll find the following items:
- An 8 inch, fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base.
- A classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, secret documents, blueprints and an x-ray for the game’s hero, B.J. Blazkowicz.
- A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book.
- Three embroidered patches and a replica dog tag.
- An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game. **Actual game sold separately. Pre-order the game now from your favorite videogame retailer and get access to the DOOM beta.
This cool collection of game-related items perfectly complements your Wolfenstein experience . Now available for pre-sale for $100.00 at store.bethsoft.com, and shipping May 20th to your door!
We’re pleased to announce that Wolfenstein: The New Order will now be launching simultaneously in North America, Europe and Australia on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC!
Currently under development at MachineGames, Wolfenstein: The New Order, the first-person action-adventure shooter, reignites the franchise widely recognized for pioneering the first-person shooter genre. Set in the 1960s, the monstrous Nazi regime has used mysterious advanced technology to win World War II. They now rule the globe with an iron fist. Wolfenstein: The New Order sends you across Europe on a harrowing mission to bring down the Nazi war machine.
As an added bonus, everyone pre-ordering the game will be invited to access the DOOM beta with their copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. For more information on the DOOM beta access pre-order bonus, as well as applicable terms and restrictions, please visit: www.wolfenstein.com/doom.
For more information on the game visit www.wolfenstein.com.
With our newly-released Wolfenstein gameplay video
, the Bethesda Underground team is happy to share our newest “Know Your Devs” profile. This time around, we highlight one of MachineGames’ leads that helped make the game’s train sequence happen — narrative designer Tommy Tordsson Björk.
Watch the video above and let us know what you think. For more Bethesda Underground videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Today on our official Bethesda YouTube channel
we’ve released an extended scene from Wolfenstein: The Order. Praised by press for its unique storytelling, the early-chapter sequence centers around B.J. Blazkowicz having an unexpected run in with one of Wolfenstein’s most cunning villains, Frau Engel.
As we move closer to Wolfenstein’s release date (May 20th for North America & May 23rd for Europe), be on the lookout for new gameplay footage.
Our latest roundup of Bethesda merchandise features awesome goodies for DOOM, ESO, and Fallout.
We start with GamingHeads.com new statue memorializing the iconic cover art of the original DOOM – Knee Deep in the Dead, the statue is approximately 12.5 inches tall (including the base), is cast in high quality poly-stone, and is hand-painted to exacting standards.
Knee Deep in the Dead will be available in the third quarter of this year and is already available for pre-order at GamingHeads.com and the Official Bethesda Store. For the uber collector, GamingHeads.com also features an Exclusive Edition limited to 360 pieces featuring a light up base — it’s literally a lava lamp.
Looking for something a little less demonic? Here’s some other new items worth checking out.
- You wanna one-oh-onsie? No I’m not impersonating Return of the Jedi’s Bib Fortuna. I’m just excited that my baby girl will be able to wear our new Vault 101 onesie.
- Oh, you’re a grown man that wants Fallout stuff. We’ve got you covered, too. New items include our Vault-Tec Citizen Jacket and a Fallout 3 screenprint by nationally-recognized illustrator Courtney Billadeau.
- Yesterday we announced Dark Horse’s “The Art of Wolfenstein” collectible book, and we’re excited to share that a special edition of the book — individually numbered and signed by the team at MachineGames — is available for pre-order the Bethesda Store. With only Only 500 produced, the Exclusive Edition contains a tip-in plate, signed and numbered by MachineGames’ Axel Torvenius (Senior Concept Designer) and Tor Frick (Technical Art Director).
Last but not least, we’re excited to unveil March’s Vault Boy Tee of the Month. For one week only, get your hands on the Mister Sandman Perk shirt. And if you’re lucky, you might even win one for yourself (see contest rules after the break).
Continue reading full article ›
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve teamed up with Dark Horse Comics to create three incredible art books – “The Art of Wolfenstein: The New Order”, “The Art of The Evil Within” and “Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives”. Each hardcover book, packed with art and game design details, will retail for $39.99.
This hardcover collection features full-color artwork and developer commentary from the team at MachineGames. Spanning more than 200pages, the collection covers all facets of the game’s design — concept art, characters designs, landscapes & settings, and technology — all inspired by the MachineGames’ plot twist for 1960’s based Wolfenstein where the Nazi’s won World War II and conquered the globe.
For a first look at “The Art of Wolfenstein: The New Order” — available for pre-order at Amazon and the Official Bethesda Store — check out never-before-seen concept art and sample pages in the imgur slideshow below. Additionally, we’ll be sharing new art for the game every week on the official Wolfenstein Facebook & Twitter pages.
It’s the weekend, which means we’re in the midst of the latest beta session for The Elder Scrolls Online! If you have a beta code, be sure to join the fun. And if you can’t make it this time around, you can catch up on all the notable gameplay streams throughout the ESO community.
So what else is worth checking out this weekend? Here’s some highlights from the past week…
- Our friends at Shortlist have put together one of the tougher Fallout 3 quizzes we’ve ever seen. Share with us your high score in the comments below.
- Pete Hines recently took time to discuss our 2014 lineup — The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein, and The Evil Within — in new interviews with both CVG and 3News.
- Preparing for The Evil Within this August? A new feature at Gamespot readies you for the return of survival horror with classic games and films that will condition your mind for Shinji Mikami’s newest (and most twisted) game.
- We’ve got even more previews for Wolfenstein: The New Order — with the latest coming from 411Mania, IGN AU, Gamespot, and Nerd Reactor.
That’s all for now. See you in beta!