Note: The European PlayStation 3 release will be in the afternoon tomorrow.
In preparation for the release of Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall, this week we’re rolling out our 1.3 title update for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
So what’s in the update? Check the changelog below…
Dishonored Steam Update (v. 1.3) – Changes are for all platforms unless noted otherwise.
- Adds support for Dishonored’s upcoming add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Bug Fixes (Dunwall City Trials)
- Fixes a bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where live grenade remains in player’s hand when restarting match.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where restarting match while cooking grenade causes disabled left hand.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where you can fall down into The Void.
- Fixes a rare bug in Back Alley Brawl challenge where being killed by player killed by Warfare Overseers will restart challenge with lowered health.
- Fixes a bug in both the Back Alley Brawl and Bend Time Massacre challenges where a Headshot bonus is not awarded if an NPC dies after Bend Time II effects end.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where Explosive Pistol does not count as an explosive kill.
- Fixes a bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where achieving the Power Combo bonus using Blink is awarding 2 kills.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where you are unable to possess Nobles after firing gun through glass.
- Fixes a rare bug in Bend Time Massacre challenge where restarting as the Bend Time effect ends causes the round to complete with zero score and a black screen.
- Fixes a rare bug where you can inadvertently receive the Time Management achievement/trophy after failing to get the bonus.
- Fixes a rare crash in Bend Time Massacre challenge during Waiting For Effects sequence.
- Fixes a bug in Oil Drop challenge where aim assist does not work on PC.
- Fixes a bug where file integrity check requires a game restart at Dunwall City Trials first boot on PC.
- Fixes a bug in Thief (Expert) challenge where key inventory is not reset when restarting from completion.
- Fixes a bug on PC where game displays keyboard and controller art together.
- Fixes a rare bug in Kill Chain challenge where countdown timer will stop after killing some enemies.
Bug Fixes (Dishonored)
- Fixes a bug on where you receive a kill in Player/Mission stats if sliding into Slackjaw after freeing him.
- Fixes a bug where City Watch does not leave attack posture when rewiring an arc pylon.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer Backyard where player could get stuck on chain.
- Fixes a collision issue when Corvo drowns.
- Fixes a bug where navigation in Piero’s shop was difficult when only one weapon upgrade remains.
- Fixes a bug in Overseer mission where loading autosave created after actioning poison causes Campbell & Curnow to run.
- Fixes Player/Mission Stats bugs.
- Fixes a bug in Lighthouse where patrols are broken and there’s no sound after reloading a savegame in low chaos.
- Fixes a bug where Specter Achievement does not activate upon completing requirements in Brothel.
- Fixes a UI bug where turning off Health/Mana gauge show gauges when powers are used via hotkey.
- Fixes a rare crash when signing out of your profile (Xbox 360)
- Fixes a rare bug where installation in Czech doesn’t work if the previous language was Polish (Playstation 3)
- Fixes a rare crash when rewiring a Watch Tower and taking a possessed rat into line of fire (PlayStation 3)
Those that have played Dishonored vividly can recall the actions of Daud – the legendary assassin that puts the game’s plot into motion. Beginning April 16th, you’ll return to this fateful moment and play the role of Daud in the story-driven add-on, The Knife of Dunwall.
Features of the new DLC include:
New Powers, Weapons and Gadgets – The mark of the Outsider empowers you with unique supernatural abilities. Call upon the Whalers to assist in combat with ‘Summon Assassin’, track down hidden Runes and Bone Charms with ‘Void Gaze’ and learn to use new variations to powers, including ‘Blink’. To aid in your dangerous exploits your customized arsenal of weapons and gadgets will include Chokedust to daze your enemies, whale oil powered Stun Mines to shock your targets, and a concealed Wristbow to launch sleep darts and explosive bolts.
Explore More of Dunwall –Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers. Revisit the decaying Flooded District, the location of Daud’s hidden base, first seen in the original game. Return to the scenes of key events in Dishonored with a new perspective, including the fateful moment that sets off Corvo’s journey.
Choose Your Path – On your search for answers, approach each mission with your own style. Your redemption – or your turn towards darkness – depends on your skills and the decisions you make. Discover the mystery behind Delilah in this stand-alone chapter, and then conclude Daud’s story in the upcoming final add-on, The Brigmore Witches.
The Knife of Dunwall will be available on April 16th on PlayStation 3 and Steam ($9.99), as well as on Xbox 360 for 800 Microsoft points. Stay tuned for new information on the content.
Return to the Wasteland in The Scorchers, an all-new RAGE add-on from id Software – arriving on 360, PC, and PS3 next week for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points).
In this brand-new adventure spanning six all-new areas, you will fight alongside new allies to defend the Hager Settlment from a maniacal bandit clan known as The Scorchers. Along the way, you’ll participate in a new season of Mutant Bash TV, encounter new mini-games, and wield the overpowering and brutal Nailgun.
In addition to the new content, this DLC includes ‘Ultra-Nightmare’, a new high difficulty mode, as well as an ‘Extended Play’ option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game – giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements.
We’re less than 24 hours away from unleashing Skyrim’s next add-on Dragonborn on Xbox LIVE. It’s one of our most ambitious add-ons ever and we’re excited for everyone to play it.
We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year.
The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released – including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
And we’re still not done – we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!
This week’s Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week is dedicated to The Elder Scrolls and features savings on Oblivion, Skyrim, and their respective DLC content.
Oblivion (Games on Demand) – $9.99 this week
Shivering Isles - 600 MS Points this week
Knights of the Nine – 200 MS Points this week
Skyrim (Games on Demand) - $44.99 this week
Dawnguard – 1200 MS Points this week
Hearthfire – 320 MS Points this week
NOTE: This sale is for Xbox LIVE Gold members only.
Update 8/28: The 1.7 title update (1.06 when you download it) is now available for European PlayStation 3 players.
Earlier today Skyrim’s 1.7 update deployed on PlayStation 3 (North America) and Xbox LIVE (worldwide). Once we have news on the availability for PS3 players in Europe, we’ll share details here on the blog.
What’s in the title update? The PS3 update (labeled as 1.06 when you download it) provides the 1.6 title update features (including Mounted Combat), as as well the newest bug fixes introduced with 1.7.
Release notes below:
Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified)
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
To celebrate the release of Dawnguard, our UK office is giving folks a chance to win a custom Skyrim Xbox 360 with Kinect. For full details on how to participate, be sure to check out the contest rules after the break.
Contest rules after the break…
Ready to discuss the new content? Visit our newly-opened Dawnguard forum.
Want to learn more on the game? Check out reviews at these sites: