Beginning today on Xbox LIVE, you can download the full version 2012’s Action-Adventure Game of the Year, Dishonored, via Xbox LIVE’s Games on Demand for $59.99
We’ve reached the final hours of 2012, and since our last update, numerous sites have bestowed year-ending honors to Dishonored.
After receiving thousands of votes, Eurogamer announced that the game topped their Readers’ Top 50 Games of 2012! Big thanks to the Eurogamer community for voting one of our titles #1 for the second year in a row.
- CNN – Game of the Year
- OXM – Best Action/Adventure Game, Best Original Game
- Game Informer – Editorial on why it mattered in 2012, plus Action Genre awards for Best Story, Best Setting, and Game of the Year.
- Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) – Game of the Year
- Ars Technica – #1 Game of the Year
- GameSpy – Top 10
- Attack of the Fanboy – #1 Game of the Year
- 1Up – Favorite Games of 2012
- IGN – Honors Viktor Antonov as one of 30 Amazing Games People in 2012
- USA Today – Top 10
- Gry-Online – Top 10
- Metro UK – Top 10
- The Mirror – #1 Game of the Year
- Jeux Video – GOTY Runner Up
- GameFront – Top 5
- Spaziogames – Best Action/Adventure Game
- Action Trip – Best Action Game
- Gamer.no – Best Single-Player Experience
Also worth celebrating, Xbox LIVE is ending the year with a one-day sale on The Elder Scrolls. Titles include:
- Skyrim (Games on Demand) – $29.99
- Dawnguard – 800 MS Points
- Hearthfire – 200 MS Points
- Oblivion (Games on Demand) – $9.99
- Shivering Isles – 600 MS Points
- Knights of the Nine – 200 MS Points
Return to the Wasteland in The Scorchers, an all-new RAGE add-on from id Software – arriving on 360, PC, and PS3 next week for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points).
In this brand-new adventure spanning six all-new areas, you will fight alongside new allies to defend the Hager Settlment from a maniacal bandit clan known as The Scorchers. Along the way, you’ll participate in a new season of Mutant Bash TV, encounter new mini-games, and wield the overpowering and brutal Nailgun.
In addition to the new content, this DLC includes ‘Ultra-Nightmare’, a new high difficulty mode, as well as an ‘Extended Play’ option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game – giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements.
Skyrim’s new add-on, is now available on Xbox LIVE for 1600 Microsoft Points. And as announced yesterday, Dragonborn will arrive on Steam and PlayStation 3 early next year.
We’re less than 24 hours away from unleashing Skyrim’s next add-on Dragonborn on Xbox LIVE. It’s one of our most ambitious add-ons ever and we’re excited for everyone to play it.
We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year.
The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released – including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.
And we’re still not done – we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!
This week’s Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week is dedicated to The Elder Scrolls and features savings on Oblivion, Skyrim, and their respective DLC content.
Oblivion (Games on Demand) – $9.99 this week
Shivering Isles – 600 MS Points this week
Knights of the Nine – 200 MS Points this week
Skyrim (Games on Demand) – $44.99 this week
Dawnguard – 1200 MS Points this week
Hearthfire – 320 MS Points this week
NOTE: This sale is for Xbox LIVE Gold members only.
Ready to discuss the new content? Visit our newly-opened Dawnguard forum.
Want to learn more on the game? Check out reviews at these sites: